When do you think Ortio gets his chance?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Next year hopefully. No need to rush him into the NHL just because neither Berra nor Ramo are Kiprusoff yet.

Let him enjoy some success in the AHL before subjecting him to the Flames defense. He'll definitely need the confidence.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Yeah.. I would have no issues with him staying the entire year in Abbotsford.
Let him dominate at that level for an extended period of time first. Bring him into camp next year and give him every opportunity to earn a spot (if he continues this play)

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
I would venture to say keep him down for even longer than a year. The Flames are not going to be good for a few years at least. No point in bringing him up just to ruin his confidence with this group of players and in the long run ruin his development. Goalies take time and time is what Flames now have.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Uhm, 3-4 years from now? Not remotely soon.

He has to be consistent for more than one full season before I'd even consider it. In a ideal world, maybe 20 games into next season if he plays lights out for the whole next year and Ramo or Berra really falter.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wanna see him for a stretch of games this year. I think he knows there's an opportunity here and I think he's hungry to get a chance.

Realistically next year he's got a legit shot for competing for the job, but I'd like to see him get a taste this year though.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Dont see the point of calling him up this year unless there are injuries. Let him play where he is.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
He should definitely get a cup of coffee with the Flames this season. Potentially losing a couple of NHL games is not going to shatter his confidence and derail his development, and if it does he should really be looking at other career options. I'm thinking we see him in January unless our current tandem really steps up.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think he should get a few games at the end of the year hearing from guys like Reinhart and Hanowski talk about how eye opening the few games they played were and how it helped them know how/what to train for in the offseason I can only imagine a couple games some time this year will give Ortio an idea of what the NHL is like. With that said he should have a shot at making the team next year as I'm not convinced both Berra and Ramo will both be here next year.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Training camp 2014 is when he'll get his chance. Him and Gillies can fight Berra and Ramo for it.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Gets a few games at the end of the season but back to the A next year.
Ramo berra-nhl
gillies ortio-ahl

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not sold on the fact Gillies is going pro this summer. I think if Providence has a legit chance at a national championship it will be next season. It is also his best chance at a Hobey Baker since it appears Gaudreau has that sewn up this year. I think that is more than enough reasons to stick around for his Junior year.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I'm not sold on the fact Gillies is going pro this summer. I think if Providence has a legit chance at a national championship it will be next season. It is also his best chance at a Hobey Baker since it appears Gaudreau has that sewn up this year. I think that is more than enough reasons to stick around for his Junior year.

You'd think so, but if Gillies keeps posting shutouts, it will at least make the decision hard for them. He's hurt right now though, so we'll have to see if it affects him when he comes back.

AfricanHerbsman

May 4, 2010
Uhm, 3-4 years from now? Not remotely soon.

He has to be consistent for more than one full season before I'd even consider it. In a ideal world, maybe 20 games into next season if he plays lights out for the whole next year and Ramo or Berra really falter.

This exactly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad