When do teams have to submit final rosters ?

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
There is no roster limit, so I'm not sure there is a deadline, since they don't have to be down to a specific number of players like other leagues. I'm sure the league and/or teams will put out a press release in the next day or two declaring how many AHL players are in the NHL this year, and they will probably also list the current rosters. Cuts and additions could still occur up until game time on Friday though.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
There is no roster limit, so I'm not sure there is a deadline, since they don't have to be down to a specific number of players like other leagues. I'm sure the league and/or teams will put out a press release in the next day or two declaring how many AHL players are in the NHL this year, and they will probably also list the current rosters. Cuts and additions could still occur up until game time on Friday though.
Yeah, there's no roster deadline in the AHL.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Well, you do have to have 18 healthy skaters and 2 healthy goalies by the first game, but otherwise there is no deadline.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
That's an interesting tweet considering I couldn't locate one word about the "deadline" on the AHL site or their social media, and nothing relevant comes up in a Google search of the topic.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Are you sure that is not for the NHL roster for opening day which would then impact the AHL roster? As mentioned before, the only limit on an AHL roster is a lower limit of you gotta have enough skaters and goalies for the game.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Are you sure that is not for the NHL roster for opening day which would then impact the AHL roster? As mentioned before, the only limit on an AHL roster is a lower limit of you gotta have enough skaters and goalies for the game.
other than the daily veteran limits of course.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
There is no daily veteran limit, only the maximum number you can dress for a game....and that number doesn't need to be declared until the game line-up is submitted to the off ice officials.
Yes, I am well aware. I just worded it differently than you.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00