When Cam Was Injured The Other Night ...

Mr Whipple

Charmin Soft
Nov 9, 2008
Greenville, NC
Only 1 Cane is older then me. That was the point I felt "old".

That and the random pains, I can't sleep off minor injuries...

Oh wow, I thought there were one or two older than me still on the team, but just checked and I'm now older than all of them. If it weren't for Dvorak being a only few months younger than me I'd really feel old looking at the roster!

Yeah, I feel old injuries more now than I did right after they happened. I played lacrosse and my knees are always in some degree of pain.

I also have problems with my back that I injured my senior year of college. That's why since Ward injured his that's been a constant worry for me while watching him play. So easy to mess it up again, and from things that seem so minor.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Yeah, the first weird feeling stage watching pro sports is when you start seeing guys younger than you playing. Second weird stage is when you reach 'retirement age' and are older than most of the players. :laugh:

And then you get to the third weird stage, when you start getting older than some of the coaches.

--hank

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I was born in 1988 and I feel old looking at rosters and seeing birth years of 1991,92,93, etc.

Even seeing 1989 and 1990 makes me feel a little old.

When we start getting into the 2000 birth years being drafted, then it's really going to hit me.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I was pissed when my draft year came and went without a single team calling my name.

Granted, I haven't stepped on ice since I was 9. I really thought someone would take a late flier though...

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Chip Alexander @ice_chip

Prognosis on Ward same after MRI. Out another 2-3 weeks.

Which is good, because they certainly made their initial assessment rather quickly.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Chip Alexander @ice_chip

Prognosis on Ward same after MRI. Out another 2-3 weeks.

Which is good, because they certainly made their initial assessment rather quickly.

Lest I venture into "I'm not a doctor, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express" territory, this makes me think the MRI was merely precautionary to see if there was some other structural damage since MRIs can be both diagnostic and precautionary. I know I really didn't need the MRI I had last year - the doctor was nearly 100% sure as to the diagnosis and came to that diagnosis pretty quickly, but just wanted to run the MRI to make sure there was nothing else going on. That said, here's hoping Wardo rebounds from this and comes back with his A-Game.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Lest I venture into "I'm not a doctor, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express" territory, this makes me think the MRI was merely precautionary to see if there was some other structural damage since MRIs can be both diagnostic and precautionary. I know I really didn't need the MRI I had last year - the doctor was nearly 100% sure as to the diagnosis and came to that diagnosis pretty quickly, but just wanted to run the MRI to make sure there was nothing else going on. That said, here's hoping Wardo rebounds from this and comes back with his A-Game.

My theory which is not based on any medical knowledge whatsoever is that Cam pulled his groin after Khudobin got hurt, was told he could rest it for 3-4 weeks or try to play through it. Tried to play through it, aggravated it, out 3-4 weeks. Can't imagine any other way they got a 3-4 week diagnosis during the game unless it was a pre-existing issue.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
They did say during the broadcast that Ward was fighting an injury, so that makes sense.

Probably attempted to play to prevent the exact scenario we're in: Peters playing against a stretch of divisional opponents.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I'm the same age as Eric Staal and the draft class of 2003. What weirds me out is that they all seem much older than I am.

Same here. Weirds me out more that Jordan is 4 years younger than me. Doesn't seem to make any sense.

Mr Whipple

Charmin Soft
Nov 9, 2008
Greenville, NC
Is it in two years the draft class will be the first to have all been born after there was a Carolina Hurricanes team? That'll be a neat little historic point.

I think Jay Harrison probably looks older than me, and I've got about 6 years on him. :laugh:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's probably just really common, and 3-4 weeks is the standard time frame.

When's the last time the Hurricanes, or any other team for that matter, has given a time frame diagnosis in the middle of the game the guy got hurt in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad