TSN: Wheeler for hart?

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Wheeler is our best player and may well be having his best season, but I don't follow other teams enough to answer that question

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If the team stays first or 2nd in their division and he stays in the top 10 in scoring, how can he not be in the conversation? An elite RWer slides over to center and keeps putting up points like he was as a RWer? He'd definitely be in the conversation.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Not sure how Wheeler couldn't be given consideration.

The fact that he's still driving the bus after Scheifele went down and had to adapt to playing center...

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
At at this point it's MacKinnon and it's not even close for me. Nobody is more valuable to their team then that guy so far.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Most of the writers don’t know **** anyways.

About Hart, I agree with those writers.

Wheeler is really great and having a really great season. Problem is that there have been even better ones this season so far.

Does Wheeler make it into TOP-10 in Hart consideration? I think yes, but currently I can't see him at TOP-3. Let's see what happens when Scheifele comes back and PoMo hopefully makes him play with Wheeler and Laine. That might boost possibilities for Wheeler to get the Hart or to make it into TOP-3.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Wheeler is awesome, but 32 penalty minutes at this point is a tad much.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Wheeler has been very good this season, but most of his contribution has been point production. I think his defensive play was pretty mediocre with Scheifele, and his play at C has really tailed off. His shot metrics have been really poor this season.

It's had to measure his leadership contribution, though I think he deserves some credit for leadership on a team that is near the top and consistently works hard.

Reactions: Halberdier

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The way Wheeler took over C for us with Scheif down definitely deserves some praise. He's been a liability some nights and single handidly won us games in others. The definition of the Hart is player judged to be most valuable to their team. In all honesty I think the definition alone disqualifies Kucherov and Stammer as they are equally as valuable. We saw what happened without Stammer last year. They are easily the best duo in the league but it just doesn't fit the definition of the award for me. MacKinnon has stepped up massively. He took over the moment Duchene was gone and hasn't looked back since. There is really no competition right now in my mind. MacK deserves the Hart at the halfway point. Things may change at the end of the season but as for now. It's gotta be MacK.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The way Wheeler took over C for us with Scheif down definitely deserves some praise. He's been a liability some nights and single handidly won us games in others. The definition of the Hart is player judged to be most valuable to their team. In all honesty I think the definition alone disqualifies Kucherov and Stammer as they are equally as valuable. We saw what happened without Stammer last year. They are easily the best duo in the league but it just doesn't fit the definition of the award for me. MacKinnon has stepped up massively. He took over the moment Duchene was gone and hasn't looked back since. There is really no competition right now in my mind. MacK deserves the Hart at the halfway point. Things may change at the end of the season but as for now. It's gotta be MacK.
I agree it's MacKinnon now, quite definitely.

Reactions: Daximus

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Giving Wheeler the respect he is due is right, but at this point, MacKinnon has carried the Avs even more than Wheeler has carried us.

Reactions: Calendal

Whileee

May 29, 2010
not in the top3 midseason PHWA voting, so there's that

Interesting...

Hellebuyck #2 in Vezina.

Maurice #3 in Adams (the apocalypse must be near).

Chevy not in top 3 for GM, because the team performance is probably more due to Maurice, right? Shockingly, generational GM wunderkind Chayka didn't make the top 3.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad