Toni Rajala-Valtteri Filppula-Jere Sallinen

Miro Heiskanen-Mikael Seppälä

Harri Pesonen-Juho Lammikko-Joel Armia

Niklas Friman-Sami Vatanen

Saku Mäenalanen-Hannes Björninen-Marko Anttila

Esa Lindell-Atte Ohtamaa

G: Olkinuora (Tuohimaa)

--

Lets go Finland! Excited to see Heiskanen play.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Eventhough GB have lost all its' games so far, this is not just a walk in a park and if nothing else as FinPanda mentioned, it will be exciting to see Heiskanen and Lindell aswell. Not sure why Säteri is not as a back-up goalie it seems like Olkinuora is locked as the number one goal keeper now, incase it was not clear before.

Reactions: FinPanda

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Eventhough GB have lost all its' games so far, this is not just a walk in a park and if nothing else as FinPanda mentioned, it will be exciting to see Heiskanen and Lindell aswell. Not sure why Säteri is not as a back-up goalie it seems like Olkinuora is locked as the number one goal keeper now, incase it was not clear before.
What? That GB team is Mestis level.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
I don't think it means that at all. If anything it probably means Säteri is #1 and having a rest today.

AKQJ

May 6, 2022
Turku
Finland playes all goalies (even if it means playing as a net opener) to get the great Team spirit, so that is why Tuohimaa is in. And good warm up/getting into the tournament mood for Heiskanen/Lindell. Separating them means that at least in this (and most probably the next) one Heiskanen and Lindell get small minutes in comparison what they bare used to. So far (average/game) top 6 defencemen in the tournament:

1. Fehervary (SVK) 25:47
2. Jones (USA) 25:19
3. Auvitu (FRA) 25:11
4. Schmidt (USA) 23:29
5. Lauridsen M (DEN) 23:15
6. Trivellato (ITA) 23:14

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Its quite increidble how consistently Jalonen plays all his 4 pairings so equally. I do hope though that Heiskanen will play a bit more when it truly matters.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice

Yes, I would say so as well. To be clear, Mestis level players are still good hockey players who can skate and shoot and so on, and it is not possible to deliver just a 50 or 60 % performance and win against such players. I have been rather impressed by the GB team so far, I was afraid they might get smashed with scores like 1-12 but no, they are playing good. But still, they are quite clearly the weakest team in the group, possibly in the whole tournament.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Anything can happen in one game and every team should be taken seriously. It's not a coindcidense GB is playing in this tournament. Are you saying the result of this game is decided before it has even started? Finland is the clear favorite, but was it the Olympics or last WHCs where Finland lost to Kazakstan?
I don't think it means that at all. If anything it probably means Säteri is #1 and having a rest today.
Säteri's confidence is not the highest at the moment. Olkinuora was the number one goalie in last year's WHCs, but yeah the number two during the Olympics. Olkinuora played well against USA and Säteri was shaky against Sweden. Olkinuora has a better record in this tournament and I hope he continues against the Czechs.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Anything can happen in one game and every team should be taken seriously. It's not a coindcidense GB is playing in this tournament. Are you saying the result of this game is decided before it has even started? Finland is the clear favorite, but was it the Olympics or last WHCs where Finland lost to Kazakstan?

Säteri's confidence is not the highest at the moment. Olkinuora was the number one goalie in last year's WHCs, but yeah the number two during the Olympics. Olkinuora played well against USA and Säteri was shaky against Sweden. Olkinuora has a better record in this tournament and I hope he continues against the Czechs.
I'm leaning towards Olkinuora too, but feel like Jalonen might disagree. Anyway since it's b2b games Säteri plays tomorrow and then the one that starts vs Czechia is #1(barring a meltdown in that game).

Reactions: IceHockeyDude

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Can´t really watch this game because it will be just one of those finnish games against the lesser teams. Low scoring and making the opponents goalie a hero. Finland will most definitely win this but I wouldn´t be surprised if we lose against Austria with Säteri letting in some easy goals.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Armia looking at almost the entire net. I'd like to see who stick checked him there to keep that out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00