Whatsapp hacks/hijacks???

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
To be clear, I'm not asking to be directed to Whatsapp hacks and hijacks, I'm just asking if they are at all reasonably accessible. The reason I'm asking is that I received some messages from a friend of mine that obviously weren't from her. One possibility is that someone somehow got ahold of her phone while she was on the beach, played around, shut up when I asked for a voice message, then deleted the messages - although if that happened, I'm surprised that someone got her phone without her realizing it, but didn't keep the phone - this is Brazil, phone theft is very common. If there ARE hacks and hijacks available that don't take a lot of expertise to use, it's behaviour her ex-husband would definitely engage in - I dated her in the past while they were separated, and she divorced him afterward - although that marriage was NEVER going to come back together whether or not I dated her, I'm sure I'm the enemy in his eyes to this day. Well, she's the other enemy in his eyes, because of course she makes sure he pays child support and won't go back to him - and it would be good for her to know so she can warn other friends.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Here's a tip. Don't meddle in other people's relationships.

Thanks Chuckles - since you are apparently reading challenged, they no longer had a relationship - going on about 5 years now. Nor did it answer the question I was asking. Nor is it your business.

NameInUse

Sep 27, 2017
Wow this thread took one hell of a left turn fast...

If she's concerned about having been hacked by her ex, she should at the very least wipe the phone and set a new unlock password. She should also set new passwords on all her accounts (start with email and go from there). If it happens again, she should get a new SIM card or a new phone.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Might be late but I believe WhatsApp can be deactivated with as simple as activating it on another phone.

WhatsApp is pretty secure though in my experience. It doesn't work on multiple devices since you need a phone number

Reactions: Kestrel

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Might be late but I believe WhatsApp can be deactivated with as simple as activating it on another phone.

WhatsApp is pretty secure though in my experience. It doesn't work on multiple devices since you need a phone number

I think the issue has resolved itself over time. I'd love to know exactly what happened, and I still expect the ex is the culprit, but everything seems secure now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad