What's your Goaltending for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
If they let Ward go with the idea of upgrading the net...and then brought in Khudobin...that would be embarrassing.

Waddell has already said they're working on a deal to bring in a true #1...let's see what they can do.

He also said he was doing it via free agency, and there's no true No. 1 available there, so something has to give.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
He also said he was doing it via free agency, and there's no true No. 1 available there, so something has to give.

OK, so I was conflating some of the recent reports/rumors. The quote below is what I was remembering...Puckdaddy sources said Canes were looking for a clear #1 and that he didn't think the guy was a UFA and it would involve a trade...I had mis-remembered this as something that came from a recent Waddell interview.

Wysh on 99.9. Said his sources say the goalie that will be the clear starter in Carolina isn’t Darling or Ward. They aren’t looking for a 1A/1B but a clear #1. They hoped Grubauer would be him but that fell through. Says he doesn’t think that guy is there in UFA and the Canes will likely have to give up a roster player to get that guy.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Is it weird for NJ to sign Lack to a one-way deal with Kincaid and Schneider on the roster?

$.650 mil to play in the AHL is a little high, but the Devils have money to spend. I doubt that this is a signal of any movement; Lack was sub-Darling at the NHL level last season and not much better in the lower league.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Is there any way it's *not* Lehner?
Yes, if it’s Halak.

Can't say I'd mind bringing in Hutchinson as well to fight for that backup role, and I haven't seen him linked to anyone yet either. Would like nothing more then to bring one of the two and Hutchinson, have Hutchinson outplay Darling in camp, and then following the season basically go "yeah playing in the AHL sucks, but so do you, so welcome to your buyout".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad