Post-Game Talk: what's up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The time may be fast approaching (if it hasn't already) when Kuznetsov is their biggest offensive impact player thanks to his combination of speed/agility, hockey sense, creativity and skill.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The time may be fast approaching (if it hasn't already) when Kuznetsov is their biggest offensive impact player thanks to his combination of speed/agility, hockey sense, creativity and skill.

Kuznetsov looks more dangerous than both Ovi and Nicky these days. We saw it on the OT goal, his skating is way too slick for the average NHL defenseman.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
is kuznetsov 6,0; - 6,1 or 6,2 ?
because i already saw all of them... currently nhl has him at 6,0 is this correct ?

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Mojo appears to be reverting to the mean.

Your gonna have games that you win by the skin of your teeth or that you dont have it all that night. They found the way to win

I get that. I'll honestly take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day. It's just frustrating to see the opposition play like they have a better idea what we're going to do than we do. The last 3 games have been effort ugly. That can be controlled. Our next game is the Rangers. This kind of game won't work against a very good team.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I get that. I'll honestly take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day. It's just frustrating to see the opposition play like they have a better idea what we're going to do than we do. The last 3 games have been effort ugly. That can be controlled. Our next game is the Rangers. This kind of game won't work against a very good team.

Agreed. And bring it on. Either way we see what this team is made of.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

oh trust me, your absolutely right but i meant more that even though they havent played as we all they can absolutely fix it as you said. thing is last year they lost these games, this year so far theyve won the close games (@canucks, vs jackets, @panthers) that will be huge later in the year'

edit: washington didnt win their 8th game last year until november 19th when they had a record of 8-7-3. wins like this early are so huge

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Kuznetsov looks more dangerous than both Ovi and Nicky these days. We saw it on the OT goal, his skating is way too slick for the average NHL defenseman.

When he is on. He lacked confidence vs Penguins. But when he is on he is unstoppable like vs Oilers.

Ovi is actually looking quite dangerous by opting to pass much more. It is confusing teams.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
First half of the game was ugly, but I enjoyed the ending. Much rather play 3 on 3 OT than do a shootout. Ovy really cranked some bombs tonight, unfortunately one led to Jokkinen scoring a SHG.

Go Caps!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
When he is on. He lacked confidence vs Penguins. But when he is on he is unstoppable like vs Oilers.

Ovi is actually looking quite dangerous by opting to pass much more. It is confusing teams.

This Caps offense is really a "pick your poison" group. If the opponent cheats on Ovi, then it frees Kuznetsov, or Oshie, or Backstrom, or Carlson...

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
it think the pp needs some work. ovy does not shoot much. carlson decided against the easy ovy set ups to much. considering they had no space on the backstrom side.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
this season the pk has decided to try and take the shot away from ov. they cheat his way and its not there. doing that opens up oshie and plays around the net. not much the caps can do about that but score the ways that the opposition is giving them.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I'm not sure what I am liking more, the Caps 8-2 start, or Tampa's 5-5-2 struggles. Tampa somehow collapsing this season would actually make me wildly excited about the Caps chances. Let's hope its something chronic.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
One thing I'm not a fan of is Carlson on the point of the PP.

10 games into the season - and Ovi has ZERO PPG still.

Really wish there was someone better at the point at giving Ovi the puck.

Caps 2 for their last 16 PP's. A little bit of a drought. If they can get it going, they'll be killing it even more.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
One thing I'm not a fan of is Carlson on the point of the PP.

10 games into the season - and Ovi has ZERO PPG still.

Really wish there was someone better at the point at giving Ovi the puck.

Caps 2 for their last 16 PP's. A little bit of a drought. If they can get it going, they'll be killing it even more.

Yet the PP is still top 10 and the team is 8-2. This team makes less sense then they normally do. However I'd rather be in this position than where we were last year.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
it think the pp needs some work. ovy does not shoot much. carlson decided against the easy ovy set ups to much. considering they had no space on the backstrom side.

I just attributed this to Ovy having new toys. Give him a few more games and he'll be blasting as usual. Petrovic really took a big shot and surprised it didn't snap his leg in half. Reminded me of Tinordi (Minnesota North Stars Days) back in the early 90s when a MacGinnis blast hit him.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Terrible game, terrible lines, terrible effort, terrible defense, terrible reffing, I think it's the effects of the terrible GDT.

Kuznetsov has become a star already. Not sure why didn't Trotz play him more.
Ovechkin keeps playing like trash. 4-game goalless streak and 0 PPG are no fluke.
Backstrom and Johansson circling calmly for an hour in the OT drove me nuts, can't imagine what the Cats were feeling.
Somebody please move Orlov to the RD and tell him there are more players on the team.
Grubauer was great.
That's all :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: