Whats up with Semins poor season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalPunishment

Apr 9, 2004
Maryland
Anyone here who has watched him play at all this year, I'd love to know why he's had a subpar/poor season.

I really hope he comes back to the NHL next year for the Caps and is back up to at least to form if not better than the last time we saw him here.

Also, he was a pretty skinny kid back 2/3 years ago; I would hope he has bulked up some by now

Rez

Oct 5, 2005
RussianProspects.com has also bumped down Semin's rating from 88 to 83...

The Mailman*

more like "whats up with HF keeping his rating so high?"

DRReclusive

Feb 7, 2006
White Rock
You would probably have a bad year to, if you went through all the garbage he had to put up with.

The only other reason I can see is, that when he got traded from Lada to Khimik, he was given less ice time. I was watching his point totals for the year and he wasb't doing to bad with Lada, but the moment he started skating for Khimik, his points stopped coming.

Still 19 points in 42 games, isn't to shabby for the Russian Elite League. Not his personal best but not that bad either...

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
DRReclusive said:
You would probably have a bad year to, if you went through all the garbage he had to put up with.

The only other reason I can see is, that when he got traded from Lada to Khimik, he was given less ice time. I was watching his point totals for the year and he wasb't doing to bad with Lada, but the moment he started skating for Khimik, his points stopped coming.

Still 19 points in 42 games, isn't to shabby for the Russian Elite League. Not his personal best but not that bad either...

DO you know how many young players did better? How come none of them have an 8.5A rating and are top10 in terms of prospects in the world according to HF? Simply put, Semin is overrated by both HF and most fans. He has not been impressive in terms of play or points this year.

RussianProspects

Feb 14, 2003
www.russianprospects.com
Semin should not be judged by how well he performed this season. There was a lot of uncertainty and people should understand that each player's situation is different. Semin started with Lada and was pretty much forced to go to Khimik along with Lada's president Weisfeld. It's unclear whether he wanted to go. At some point he actually reportedly wanted to leave for the US, but was told he was not allowed and that there would be concequences. So, his motivation to play likely declined while playing for a team he did not want to play and in a situation he did not like. With that being said, he is a professional and should have gotten his stuff together and sucked it up. However, it was a tough situation he faced just for the first time and he is afterall only 22. the reason RP bumped him down is because he is not developing into a dominating scoring force, but should still remain a reliable scorer in the NHL. 83 is nothing to sneeze at.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
RussianProspects said:
Semin should not be judged by how well he performed this season. There was a lot of uncertainty and people should understand that each player's situation is different. Semin started with Lada and was pretty much forced to go to Khimik along with Lada's president Weisfeld. It's unclear whether he wanted to go. At some point he actually reportedly wanted to leave for the US, but was told he was not allowed and that there would be concequences. So, his motivation to play likely declined while playing for a team he did not want to play and in a situation he did not like. With that being said, he is a professional and should have gotten his stuff together and sucked it up. However, it was a tough situation he faced just for the first time and he is afterall only 22. the reason RP bumped him down is because he is not developing into a dominating scoring force, but should still remain a reliable scorer in the NHL. 83 is nothing to sneeze at.

Thanks for the info. Coming from the Caps side there is so much conjecture and unknown factors regarding Semin and his situation it is nice to get some russian input on the situation. From the few Semin intereviews, as well as accounts from the Washington Post and Times relating Semin talking with Zubrus GMGM, it makes it somewhat clear that he wanted to come back to the team after the whole Lada fiasco but was warned/threatened with consequences. I just do not find it plausible that Semin was lieing and just using the media to conceal some hidden desire not to come back to the caps. Sure I guess nothing is impossible but I don't find it likely.

Regarding Semin's point production it looks like he dones some thing in the RSL playoffs.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Probably next season. Anyone trying to be any more precise or assured than that is reading too much into what has been released. No one really knows, but it sounds like the hurdles are now gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad