What's this strange feeling I have? Is it... nausea?!? The Pessimism Thread 2013

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Our entire team is a group of small, soft forwards. What's one more?

At least 47% at 20+ mins of ice time means that you have nearly a 50% chance of obtaining the puck 1/3rds of the game. Especially considering that your top producers need that puck.

Why not just use Cammy in that spot for free?

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
I wish we tanked it this season only 48 games less suffering ... At least it would be better then us trying to win and just barely not making it.
Trade all the scrubs and keep the valuable players... I'll start

Keep:
Brodie
Tanguay
Hudler
Wideman
Sven
Glencross
Giordano

Trade:
Rest of the ****ing team...

Agree? Disagree?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I wish we tanked it this season only 48 games less suffering ... At least it would be better then us trying to win and just barely not making it.
Trade all the scrubs and keep the valuable players... I'll start

Keep:
Brodie
Tanguay
Hudler
Wideman
Sven
Glencross
Giordano

Trade:

Agree? Disagree?

Backlund? Cervenka?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I wish we tanked it this season only 48 games less suffering ... At least it would be better then us trying to win and just barely not making it.Trade all the scrubs and keep the valuable players... I'll start

Keep:
Brodie
Tanguay
Hudler
Wideman
Sven
Glencross
Giordano

Trade:

Agree? Disagree?

Oiler-fan (but not a Calgary hater). this is the year to tank. any of the top 5 picks will be good and the top 3 should be stars. as a fan base, get behind a full rebuild and go for Seth or McKinnon. get a 1st rounder for #12 (try to trade him to a team trying to make the playoffs, like Philly).

not the most popular move, but it is the smart thing to do. just my 2 cents. cheers.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
It's time. Our record against contenders this season is:

Canucks: 0-1-1
St.Louis: 0-1-0
Anaheim: 0-1-0
San Jose: 0-1-0
Chicago: 0-0-1 (dominated, but played them on their 3rd game in 4nights)

Our wins this year have come against Dallas, Detroit, Columbus, Edmonton... Detroit is the only team that is considered a contender/playoff team.

I don't want to aim for 7th/8th just to get swept... I want to build a contender that is a serious threat night-in night-out!

Gary83*

I want to take this opportunity to say:

Skobel24 sucks.

Everything was going decently until you started this dumb thread!

New coach, some more exciting hockey, same results and same effort level.

I really hope Iggy forces their hand into a move because it won't be the team to approach him about a move.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
The days of trying to find Iggy that #1C he never had is over. While it still would be nice to have one it wouldn't make this a playoff team this year and shouldn't be the main goal.

Time to move on and trade Kipper and Iggy and rebuild as quickly as possible with the good pieces we have. They have been amazing players and I am thankful for getting to see them play for this long.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Oiler-fan (but not a Calgary hater). this is the year to tank. any of the top 5 picks will be good and the top 3 should be stars. as a fan base, get behind a full rebuild and go for Seth or McKinnon. get a 1st rounder for #12 (try to trade him to a team trying to make the playoffs, like Philly).

not the most popular move, but it is the smart thing to do. just my 2 cents. cheers.

This is my thinking too, it's a short season with a deep draft.

TRADE EM ALL

fallsviewafro*

Glad to see the long-suffering fans give up hope. Let me guess, you'll bail for the rough stretches and act as if you never left when things turn around?

This organization is ass-backwards and I think they need to face reality and start selling off... AND I know this thread is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but man is this a pathetic display of "fandom." The point is that you cheer for them because they're your team and you like them; that doesn't mean you have to agree with everything they do, especially considering they do owe everyone a better product right now.

You can call it a protest or say you deserve better as a fan, but frankly I see a lot of people who can't deal with adversity and don't have the pride in their team to hope for better things. That isn't to say everyone in this thread is at fault, but there are a few people who should really just get out and stop posting here if they claim to hate the organization as much as they do.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
The days of trying to find Iggy that #1C he never had is over. While it still would be nice to have one it wouldn't make this a playoff team this year and shouldn't be the main goal.

Time to move on and trade Kipper and Iggy and rebuild as quickly as possible with the good pieces we have. They have been amazing players and I am thankful for getting to see them play for this long.

now its about finding a long term #1 center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad