What's this strange feeling I have? Is it... hope?!? The Optimism Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Who is jazzed for the Phoenix game tonight. I have a really good feeling about Iginla, he has had a lot of heart in the last two games and I think his time for a big night is coming quickly.

2 Goals and an assist for him in a 4-1 Flames victory.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Who is jazzed for the Phoenix game tonight. I have a really good feeling about Iginla, he has had a lot of heart in the last two games and I think his time for a big night is coming quickly.

2 Goals and an assist for him in a 4-1 Flames victory.

What in your right mind made you update this thread?!?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Well, I'm sure its been said before, but as a non flames fan I am always surprised that they don't do better considering their roster.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Well, I'm sure its been said before, but as a non flames fan I am always surprised that they don't do better considering their roster.

Should you be though? The team's two superstar players are 35 and 36 and really won't be thought of as elite players beyond this year and the best natural centerman on the team is MATT ****ING STAJAN!!!!

This isn't at all surprising to anyone (except Flames ownership and management apparently).

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Iginla is stuck in playmaker mode and most of his shots aren't quality ones.

This. Although, he is a great passer. I think he's changing his game based on his inability to be that dominant power forward he was.

I miss the old Iggy who went through 5 players to drive the net and score.

Edit: Not the best quality, but this is what Iggy needs to do again.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'm optimistic that people will keep bumping and responding to this cursive thread. It's a reminder that a Flames fan should never enjoy hockey :laugh:

We upset the gods with our sinful ritualistic miles of red!

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
This thread:

25yuswsw28295.gif

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
BUMP!

I'm testing this out against the Kings. Let's see what happens...

Should be interesting. Based on the Flames regular pattern, they should win this one. Then again, it's very likely the Flames were going to lose against the Kings anyway, since they play a style very similar to that of Phoenix and the Wild, but do it better. Plus, they're a lot of bigger and have this thing called strength and size down the middle. While the Flames have Horak and Stajan. Yeah, I'm not optimistic.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Should be interesting. Based on the Flames regular pattern, they should win this one. Then again, it's very likely the Flames were going to lose against the Kings anyway, since they play a style very similar to that of Phoenix and the Wild, but do it better. Plus, they're a lot of bigger and have this thing called strength and size down the middle. While the Flames have Horak and Stajan. Yeah, I'm not optimistic.

Optimism only in the Optimism thread please. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad