What's the game plan if Perry leaves?

Jul 22, 2012
Serious question here. What is Murrays game plan if Perry walks? (which seems more and more likely every day). Someone has to replace those goals he scores.. So who will it be? What do you think Murray is going to do?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Not sure what you mean. He'll probably just continue to draft well, and maybe acquire a veteran winger (Kunitz anyone?) that's cheaper than Pears.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Probably make a trade of some sort to temper the loss. And the continued growth of younger players.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Ryan takes Perry's spot.
Palmieri takes Ryan's spot.
Holland/Etem possibly make the full time jump to the NHL.

Then hopefully Teemu sticks around, plus I'm sure we would pick up a 2nd-3rd line UFA winger.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Not sure what you mean. He'll probably just continue to draft well, and maybe acquire a veteran winger (Kunitz anyone?) that's cheaper than Pears.

I'll pass. I don't care how great he's playing with or without Crosby. You don't replace a Perry with a Kunitz. Also, I can't see Pittsburgh just itching to ship him out either.

I'm sure Anaheim would try to make a play on Semin or Iginla. Not that i'd necessarily be happy with either but if Perry were to leave this is what I suspect Anaheim to do. They would wan't a name brand that sounds good wether or not they will produce as they are passed there prime is another. Reminds me sort of when we lost Kariya. So Anaheim hurried scrambled to pick up Sergei Federov. A well known name but just not the same player.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'll pass. I don't care how great he's playing with or without Crosby. You don't replace a Perry with a Kunitz. Also, I can't see Pittsburgh just itching to ship him out either.

Obviously he's not as good as Perry, but we aren't going to be able to "replace" Perry's production. We need to find someone who can put points up, and who also fits with Getzlaf. Kunitz does both of those. He's also an FA at the end of the year, and I could see Pittsburgh making a push at Perry or someone big. I'd be thrilled with Kunitz for 2 years 4.5 million per.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
if kunitz stays at 5th in the league in points, you will never get him for 4.5m in fa.

the pens won't let him go anyway, he will be resigned.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Obviously he's not as good as Perry, but we aren't going to be able to "replace" Perry's production. We need to find someone who can put points up, and who also fits with Getzlaf. Kunitz does both of those. He's also an FA at the end of the year, and I could see Pittsburgh making a push at Perry or someone big. I'd be thrilled with Kunitz for 2 years 4.5 million per.

I don't know where you get your information but Kunitz is not a FA at years end. He's under contract this year and next.

Jul 22, 2012

I'm sure Anaheim would try to make a play on Semin or Iginla. Not that i'd necessarily be happy with either but if Perry were to leave this is what I suspect Anaheim to do. They would wan't a name brand that sounds good wether or not they will produce as they are passed there prime is another. Reminds me sort of when we lost Kariya. So Anaheim hurried scrambled to pick up Sergei Federov. A well known name but just not the same player.

I'd love to have Semin in Anaheim. He's looked great with Staal. I really doubt he leaves the eastern conference, though.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
After the comments he made in the offseason I highly doubt Boudreau wants to coach Semin again. He's not the type of player teams that want to win when it counts sign. There's a reason he's only been getting one year deals the last couple of years.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
After the comments he made in the offseason I highly doubt Boudreau wants to coach Semin again. He's not the type of player teams that want to win when it counts sign. There's a reason he's only been getting one year deals the last couple of years.

i donno. that might've just been a washington thing. people love him in carolina right now

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
i donno. that might've just been a washington thing. people love him in carolina right now

People loved him in Washington for periods of time as well. I wouldn't take Semin on my team as a key player for $500K a year, let alone $7M or whatever it is Carolina is paying him.

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

The Ryan-Getzlaf-Palmieri line looked good last year. So I would expect it to start there and build a 2nd line with Holland,etem,bonino, selanne, and an ufa or 2.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
People loved him in Washington for periods of time as well. I wouldn't take Semin on my team as a key player for $500K a year, let alone $7M or whatever it is Carolina is paying him.
That is silly. Semin is a phenomenal player.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Ryan, Palmieri, Rakell and Etem are all true right wingers. With Perry gone, 2 of these 4 would occupy the two top six RW spots. There's still the makings of a dangerous lineup here without Perry, Selanne and Koivu (hypothetically)....

Etem- Getzlaf- Ryan
Holland - Rakell- Palmieri
DSP - Bonino- Winnik
Beleskey - UFA - McMillan

Still have Karlsson and Kerdiles as potential top 6 candidates.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Ryan, Palmieri, Rakell and Etem are all true right wingers. With Perry gone, 2 of these 4 would occupy the two top six RW spots. There's still the makings of a dangerous lineup here without Perry, Selanne and Koivu (hypothetically)....

Etem- Getzlaf- Ryan
DSP - Bonino- Winnik

Rakell is a C. This org has made it clear that Rakell is going to play C in Anaheim. They didn't even let him take a shift at wing when he was here.

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site

Etem- Getzlaf- Ryan
DSP - Bonino- Winnik

If that is our lineup going into next season we won't win 30 games.

Edit: Where is Cogliano?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad