What's old is new again; former Hawks GM joins Canucks

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
To steal Matt's thunder, the Canucks would like to announce the hiring of Bill Drake to the position of Assistant General Manager. This is the first time I have had an AGM, but with my time in the developing world taking me in to the fall and potential backpacking taking place in the winter, the time was right to seek help.

The task of hiring an AGM turned out to be quite easy though because Bill was once a GM in this league. As of right now he will be more of a consultant but his responsibilities should increase as time goes on, and it's possible at some point he may have full control of the team for a couple months in the winter.

With that in mind, please welcome Bill back to the league. He can be reached at [email protected], and if possible should be CCed on any trade offers and whatnot.

Sean.

Drake

Jul 6, 2008
Greenfield, MA
Thanks for the warm welcome, Sean. I will be heading off on some scouting trips in the near future, reading up on past message board posts and evaluating rosters and prospect lists to get up to speed before the season starts.

While I've been gone for seven years from the HFNHL, I always checked back in once or twice a season to see how the league, and my former team, the Blackhawks, were doing. The itch to return was always there and I feel that joining the Vancouver Canucks organization is a great fit for me and for the Canucks and Sean at this time.

There are quite a few familiar faces still managing their teams, I remember when Doug Emerson, managed the Capitals, but I won't bore you all with my old-timer stories, and for those that I don't know, I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Welcome back Bill! I remember you running the Hawks back in the day and you and Sean should make a good tandem.

Plus, it should help the rumour mill kick into gear later in the year with a new worthy candidate to take over from one of those GM's on the hot seat!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Glad to have you back in the family, Bill! Unfortunately, I suspect Sean's managed to load the deck a bit here, which should do nothing to make the Western Conference any easier for the likes of my underperformng Jackets. :help:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Glad to have you back in the family, Bill! Unfortunately, I suspect Sean's managed to load the deck a bit here, which should do nothing to make the Western Conference any easier for the likes of my underperformng Jackets. :help:

I figured I had no cap space to acquire on-ice talent, so might as well add talent in the front office. That doesn't count against the cap does it?

Drake

Jul 6, 2008
Greenfield, MA
I get paid in virtual beer, and virtual prestige since I won't be an Assistant GM in real life any time soon, unless you count my softball team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad