Whats going on with Kadri's concussion?

member 300185

We are going to need him for our first series, whoever that might be. (cough, Boston, cough)

He will need to be in game shape.

I haven't found anything on him. Is he mending, is it serious, is he having set backs, or is he back now?

member 300185

He's still out with a concussion. He skated before practice today. Thats it.
Well, thats something.

Kadri went down before last trade deadline too. A team cannot trade an injured player.

I'm not suggesting anything here. I like a good conspiracy.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, thats something.

Kadri went down before last trade deadline too. A team cannot trade an injured player.

If there is any conspiracy with Kadri avoiding being traded at the deadline, by being injured, Dubas will simply trade him in the off season!

Reactions: NovaLeaf

member 300185

If there is any conspiracy with Kadri avoiding being traded at the deadline, by being injured, Dubas will simply trade him in the off season!
If it happens once, it is just an injury, if it happens twice, it "could" be intentional but maybe just coincidence. If he is healing miraculously from a concussion, then maybe Kadri is smarter than the average joe.

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If it happens once, it is just an injury, if it happens twice, it "could" be intentional but maybe just co-incidence. If he is healing miraculously from a concussion, then maybe Kadri is smarter than the average joe.
Carolina waits your availability, so, get well Nazem! ;)

Reactions: Hclass47

bpower

Aug 21, 2005
Well, thats something.

How can you not trade an injured player? How did we trade for Horton then?

Also Kane was traded right after shoulder surgery. Pretty sure you are wrong.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Could be. I was wrong twice before....I was married twice.

Were they at least classy weddin’s?

giphy.gif

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Well, thats something.

Seemed like Bozak was injured around every deadline I think he was playing the can’t trade an injured player card

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
We are going to need him for our first series, whoever that might be. (cough, Boston, cough)

He will need to be in game shape.

I haven't found anything on him. Is he mending, is it serious, is he having set backs, or is he back now?

He's still out with a concussion. He skated before practice today. Thats it.

The NHL is not, absolutely not interested in being on the wrong end of a Post Concussion Syndrome class action, and there is no doubt Bettman and his staff have communicated this to all decision makers- the game is changing depite the protests from Leafs Nation and the Good Canadian Kids, no more KAPOW!!

Head is knocked about? No discussion. No debate. No class action. No win today and pay $10 million per team tomorrow. Concussion? Gotta sit

This Post Concussion Syndrome is awful - it's like 30 year olds with advanced Alzheimer's disease, left with no know- how.

It is the right move, like not trading away skill or trading away more X than getting back or going into the rental market- we should all be thankful our GM Dubas is a technocrat analytics geek , he cannot play or even take any kind of team practice until his head is fit

member 300185

For the most up to date Leafs roster info, open a twitter account and follow Kristen Shilton and Mark Masters. As beat writers, its literally their job to go to practice/game day skate every single day and report on whats happening.

As a person who has been concussed 8 times, 4 major ones and 4 minor ones. I can tell you that you cannot come back after only one week of being first concussed, let alone on skates skating at high speeds.

And that is what we know about after the concussion. He may have been told 3 or 4 days ago that he was healthy.

Kadri was not concussed.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
As a person who has been concussed 8 times, 4 major ones and 4 minor ones. I can tell you that you cannot come back after only one week of being first concussed, let alone on skates skating at high speeds.

And that is what we know about after the concussion. He may have been told 3 or 4 days ago that he was healthy.

Kadri was not concussed.
Concussions are different for everyone, your experiences are not the same as others. Kadri is not one to fake an injury to miss games, he's a pretty durable guy who has missed very little time

Reactions: saffronleaf

member 300185

Concussions are different for everyone, your experiences are not the same as others. Kadri is not one to fake an injury to miss games, he's a pretty durable guy who has missed very little time
Faking to miss games is one thing....faking to not get traded to the Senators or Canadians is another.

Reactions: Al14

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014

Kadri was not concussed.

I watched the replays several times and there was no hit to the head on either. He might have felt crappy because nobody came to his defense...but he didn't get a concussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad