What's a fair CAP HIT for Matthews over the next 5 years?

How much is a fair amout for Matthews in your opinion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
You are wrong. So is Haatley, McVespa etc. Even with Tkachuk’s playoff showing this year he still has worse career playoff stats. Get back to me when Tkachuk has more than one comparable season and wins some hardware.
For most of Tkachuk's career he was playing on the 3rd line in a shut down role. Since being in an actual top line role the last two seasons on the Flames and Panthers, he has 34 points in 32 playoff games.

Come back to me when Matthews has back to back 100 point seasons and plays in the Stanley Cup Final

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Lmao. Calling bullshit.

Those puppy’s are 2 inches thick and have about 50 places to sign / initial. Don’t pretend you’re something you’re not
? Why would I say I’ve read NHL contracts when I haven’t? It’s not like it’s a huge claim to fame that I benefit from in anyway.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The reality is, the NHL is a league where the "next up" superstar always gets something a little bit more than the last.

Fair? Who knows. Who cares. That's just what it costs to lock down a franchise player.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
For most of Tkachuk's career he was playing on the 3rd line in a shut down role. Since being in an actual top line role the last two seasons on the Flames and Panthers, he has 34 points in 32 playoff games.

Come back to me when Matthews has back to back 100 point seasons and plays in the Stanley Cup Final
How is that the case when TOI says a completely different story? Aside from his first two seasons, only Gaudreau played more minutes as a winger than Tkachuk. Even in his first two seasons, he barely played less than the #2 winger on the team. If what you’re saying is true, wouldn’t there be 4 wingers with more minutes than him in all those seasons you claim he was a third line player? Third line players don’t generally play more minutes than top 6 forwards.

Looking at the line combos over the seasons also would suggest he was a top line or 6 forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad