OT: Whatcha Drinkin' II: Another Round!

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Old fashions are my go-to drink and I consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur of them. I’ve had them all over and make them regularly but never have I had one like this - I don’t think anyone ever has. Multiple orange segments inside and a sugared rim. Oh boy!

Attachments

• 7014DC45-D3DF-453A-A12C-8924EF7B3958.jpeg
    7014DC45-D3DF-453A-A12C-8924EF7B3958.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: DaveG and SoupNazi

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I usually drink Glenmorangie ....still like it but looking for more Scotch recommendations.

Tried Tomatin....was too ....oily? Butttery?

Reactions: DaveG

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I usually drink Glenmorangie ....still like it but looking for more Scotch recommendations.

Tried Tomatin....was too ....oily? Butttery?

do you like islay scotches at all? they are a bit of a departure from the highlands/speyside style... usually smokier and peatier. i really like ardbeg and laphroig if you want to try something from that region

Reactions: Stickpucker

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
do you like islay scotches at all? they are a bit of a departure from the highlands/speyside style... usually smokier and peatier. i really like ardbeg and laphroig if you want to try something from that region
Just a bit of a departure, and usually smokier and peatier? Find me an Islay that isn't those things.

They're universally intensely smoky and peaty. To me that means they're glorious. To somebody drinking Speysides... it usually doesn't track.

But yeah, Laphroig and Lagavulin are probably my two favorite whiskies from any category.

Reactions: Stickpucker

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
Not a huge Islay fan (Laphroaig does nothing for me) but I keep Ardbeg around for an occasional nip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad