OT: Whatcha Drinkin' II: Another Round!

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Highlight of Beericana for me came from D9, their Systema Natvra sour (don't see it listed anywhere). And if you're into coffee, Legal Remedy's Blond Mocha Stout was something I hadn't experienced before. I'm not a coffee fan, but most in my group liked it.

And I get it, we're heading into fall, so every friggin' tent had an oktoberfest, but I can't get those down when it's 90+ out. Didn't even enjoy the usual stouts. They should move it up or back a month.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20180915_170225.jpg

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

Oh God that stuff is putrid. I had it once...never again.

The wife and I went to Barrel Culture on Saturday and...call both of us less than impressed. They seem to be trying to take the Bitch Beer trend of the early '00s and mix it with the current sour trend to put forward a lineup of brightly hued beers that all taste like you took a mix of Lemonheads, Warheads, Smarties, Pixy Sticks, and SweeTarts and dissolved them in liquid. I'm not kidding about the bright colors, either - they have a beer called Blue Cooler that looks like it'd be seen in Ten-Forward on the Enterprise - it's about the color that Romulan Ale is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad