Tribute What would your all time Senators team look like?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
what about my man Jarkko Ruutu ?

I felt like he had a bit too much skill. With the direction we're taking with this team we wouldn't want a complete pass or a goal to interfere with our face-punching momentum. It's why Neil can't crack the starting lineup. Once he shatters his hand on some scrub's noggin and can no longer handle a stick he'll likely be on the top line in short order.

Reactions: Sensinitis

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Duchene-Yashin-Havlat
Tkachuk-Bonk-Hossa
Hoffman-Pageau-Stone

Chabot-Karlsson
Phillips-Chara
Redden-Gonchar

Hasek
Anderson

I tried to keep the lines balanced, and tried to build a proper team with good offense, defense and physicality. I also tried to keep the player's position as intact as possible, including D sidedness. I think the only player I have playing in a different position is Duchene, but he played wing in Colorado. I also tried to keep some lines and chemistry together.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
28 years of being owned by someone trying to punch above their weight

Whose your favourite all time owner? I'll go with Firestone for landing the franchise in the first place

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Favourite coach?

The Walrus....the player 61 news conference was the all time best ever.

Reactions: Variable26

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Favourite coach?

The Walrus....the player 61 news conference was the all time best ever.

Tough call between Paulrus and Bryan Murray for me.

Paul had some unbelievable sarcasm and was overall a good coach with a tough nosed attitude on the bench which I always like.

Bryan Murray just looked like he had his team’s back more than any other coach we’ve had. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure a lot of our coaches agonized over decisions and genuinely cared for the players but with Bryan it was just so obvious. I absolutely loved when he lost it on Lindy Ruff screaming over the boards. Paulrus also did this but I love how when things got rough he was taking care of his stars and putting out every guy who could scrap to make a point. I’m thinking of games in Buffalo and Philadelphia in particular.

I also love how both Paulrus and Bryan did things in the media to take attention off the players.

Both great coaches. I think I’d have to go with Murray.

I’d add these are my favourites but I also have tremendous respect for Jacques Martin and the work he did to bring legitimacy to this team and develop a powerhouse. The man is a brilliant coach.

Ideal coaching staff Bryan Murray, with Jacques Martin and Paulrus as assistants. Marshall Johnston as GM.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I was just trying to come up with some different names instead of just repeating the same list as everyone else. And yes, I forgot Alfredsson, Stylizer! And you are obviously clueless if you think I replaced Alfie with Kovalev because Alfie played RW and I have Kovalev on the left side. I clearly chose Sudy Gilmour over Alfie... duh.
What ever you say. You still left the greatest Senator off the list.

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Since I started following the Sens in 2000, my team will only include players who played here after that. Also only used players with at least 100GP

That said...

Team 1:
Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Havlat - Duchene - Hossa
Tkachuk - Yashin - Stone
Foligno - Fisher - Zibanejad

Chara - Karlsson
Chabot - Redden
Phillips - Volchenkov

Anderson
Lalime

Team 2:
Hoffman - Turris - Ryan
McEachern - Bonk - Michalek
Arvedson - Pageau - MacArthur
Vermette - Kelly - Neil

Gonchar - DeMelo
Methot - Meszaros
Kuba - Rachunek

Emery
Elliott

Reactions: Variable26

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I'm pretty bored so here's my Sens "I expected more from these guys" team.

Turgeon-Juneau-Daigle
Varada-Arnason-Emerson
Schastlivy-Legwand-Butler
Loach-Ylonen-Bochenski

Olsson-Devries
Commodore-Lee
Cowen-Ceci

Barrasso
Gerber

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad