Player Discussion: What would your all time Jets team look like?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Any players that played for the Jets, this is for fun:
Connor Hawerchuk Selanne
Hull Scheifele Wheeler
Hedberg Steen Laine
Kane Tkachuk McLean
Housley Olausson
Carlisle Byfuglien
Morrisey Numinem
Hellebuyuk
Khabibulin
This should be interesting. You’ll get flack for leaving Ehlers out and putting Connor’s on top line over Hull who in his prime was a million times better. Some ppl also will think Laine should be on the top line. Truthfully don’t know enough about historical Jets to do any better. Also you’d think you would get the hotline together because of chemistry. Because of chemistry I’d keep ESL together the Hotline together and take our Connor.

Reactions: jetsforever

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Keeping mine a NHL Jets all-time line-up

MacLean / Hawerchuk / Selanne
Conner / Zhamnov / Laine
Ehlers / Scheifele / Wheeler
Kane / Steen / Tkachuk

Housley / Numminen
Byfuglien / Carlyle
Trouba / Babych

Hellebuyk
Khabibulin

Press Box: Olausson, Lukowich, Thorburn

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Hull Hawerchuk Selanne
Hedberg Scheifele Laine
KC Tkachuk Wheeler
Ehlers Steen McLean
Morrisey Trouba
Housley Buff
Enstrom Numminen

Hellebuyck
Khabi

Last edited:
Reactions: The Blue Baron

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Tkachuk - Zhamnov - Selanne
Ehlers - Hawerchuk - Laine
Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Hull - Steen - McLean

Housley - Numminen
Byfuglien - Carlyle
Olausson - Babych

Hellebuyck
Khabibulin

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It’s interesting Trouba makes the list but not Morrissey. Neither one of them are in the same league as prime Enstrom or Buff. Not sure where Babysch, Housley or any of the olds stand. People also forget Mcinnis who was probably better than Trouba.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
All time eh? I'll go with NHL Jets and with my handy time machine at their best in Winnipeg.

Connor (2020) - Hawerchuk (1985) - MacLean (1985) (little bit of everything)
Ehlers (2020) - Scheifele (2018) - Selanne (1993) (speed and shooting)
Laine (2020) - Tkachuk (1997) - Wheeler (2018) (big boys line)
Kane (2012) - Steen (1989) - Zhamnov (1993) (another little bit of everything line)
Boschman (1985), Smail (1985) (a nice PB pair)

Morrissey (2018) - Buff (2015)
Babych (1983) - Trouba (2018)
Housley (1993) - Numminen (1996)
Carlyle (1985) (he would sub in for Housley here and there)

Hellebuyck (2020)
Essensa (1992)

Last edited:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Trouba being on people lists? Look up some history people!

2018 Trouba was a monster on the backend that's why he is on my list. Though you could make an argument that 2019 Trouba was better. Just putting up points doesn't make you a good defencemen. You need guys that can actually defend too. But it is tough for people who grew up watching the 90's Jets, like me, until they left to actively quantify what made Jets defencemen good back in the 80's. Someone like Dave Ellett was a damn good dman for the Jets on paper, but I'm not just going to take someones word for it that he was a better defender then some of Trouba's best years. Let's not forget that Trouba, Buff and Morrissey were a very large reason why the Jets were able to get to the WCF for the first time ever. And it's true there was no Gretzky Oilers in their way but the point stands that they were a part of what was considered one of the best d-core's in the league at the time.

Reactions: DRW204

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
2018 Trouba was a monster on the backend that's why he is on my list. Though you could make an argument that 2019 Trouba was better. Just putting up points doesn't make you a good defencemen. You need guys that can actually defend too. But it is tough for people who grew up watching the 90's Jets, like me, until they left to actively quantify what made Jets defencemen good back in the 80's. Someone like Dave Ellett was a damn good dman for the Jets on paper, but I'm not just going to take someones word for it that he was a better defender then some of Trouba's best years. Let's not forget that Trouba, Buff and Morrissey were a very large reason why the Jets were able to get to the WCF for the first time ever. And it's true there was no Gretzky Oilers in their way but the point stands that they were a part of what was considered one of the best d-core's in the league at the time.
We lost to a brand new team and Morrissey was good, Buff upped his horrible play from the regular season and Trouba was mediocre and got carried.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Any players that played for the Jets, this is for fun:
Connor Hawerchuk Selanne
Hull Scheifele Wheeler
Hedberg Steen Laine
Kane Tkachuk McLean
Housley Olausson
Carlisle Byfuglien
Morrisey Numinem
Hellebuyuk
Khabibulin
I do like the Carlyle Buflygian pairing.

Could see them as the odd couple in many ways.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We lost to a brand new team and Morrissey was good, Buff upped his horrible play from the regular season and Trouba was mediocre and got carried.

So you think Vegas was a terrible team? I disagree on the last two.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It was and we had a horrible coach!

Crazy that a terrible team went 51-24-7 in the regular season beating every single other team in the league at least once during that time, while it's goalie finished top 5 in Vezina voting. And managed to take down LA, SJ and us on it's way to a Cup final and then that same terrible team proceeds to make the playoffs the next season and then that terrible team is leading it's division up to this point this season.

Seems like you are just trying to comfort yourself, Vegas was good, and they are still good. It's time to get over that fact.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Seems like you are using these facts to prove nothing but our coach sucks!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
One thing about this is Helly and Habby were our best goalies . I wish we would have gotten more time with Habby as a Winnipeg Jet . I would also have Laine and Ehlers on the first line with Hawerchuk , Hawerchuk playing with talent like that would be insane to watch . Maclean was ok but Hawerchuk made him and Mullen first line players .

Reactions: untouchable21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad