Line Combos: What would you rather have?

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
With Sutter's constant line swapping, I don't care who plays where and with whom as long as 23 circles around the ice again with the Cup at the end of the playoffs.

Captain Mittens*

I want both

hispanic_man_hugging_two_women_in_limousine_bld031629-300x216.jpg

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Maybe something like this:

Gaborik-Kopitar-Williams
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
King-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Lewis
Andreoff-Vey-Nolan

Muzzin-Doughty
Regehr-Voynov
Martinez-Greene
McNabb

In the end, I don't care though. :P Whatever Sutter wants.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Gaborik-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
King-Richards-Williams
Clifford-Stoll-Lewis

Andreoff, Nolan

Muzzin-Doughty
Regehr-Voynov
Martinez-Greene
McNabb

That's about what I would expect.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Gaborik Kopitar Toffolli
Pearson Richards Carter
Brown Stoll Williams
Clifford Andreoff lewis
King Vey Nolan

Muzzin Drew
Martinez slava
Mcnabb green/regher

Quick
Jones

Remember you asked me before critizing it

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I would not touch any of the lines.

Brown stays at 1RW and Williams stays at 3RW. The Kings need balanced scoring and Williams to put it in basketball terms can "create his own shot", Brown thrives playing with better players like Kopitar and provides a physical presence that line wouldn't have with Williams. And if the third line was King/Stoll/Brown I think it struggles to put up points.

That 70's Line breaking up makes absolutely zero sense on so many levels. Carter plays much better at C and despite all the optimism Mike Richards has a lot to show on both sides of the ice before he is returned to a scoring line role, I think people quickly forget how ineffective the Carter/Richards lead second line was last season, not only offensively but especially defensively where they were clearly the Kings biggest defensive liability. This also forces Tyler Toffoli down to the bottom six, something that doesn't put him in a position to succeed.

You could possibly switch Richards and Stoll, especially if the long term plan is to keep Richards and lose Stoll after the season. Stoll will provide better defense and faceoffs but Richards adds more of a scoring and skill element to this line with King and Williams. This could possibly be a training camp battle/decision between two veterans.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I think Richards should play wing, I like having size down the middle.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I think Richards should play wing, I like having size down the middle.

Well the defensive responsibilities are less, but I think that would be the only positive to come from switching Richards to wing. Richards has been a C his whole career.

Would rather roll with the four centers we did in the playoffs, just do a better job of sheltering Richards defensively. Switching Lewis to 4C over Richards would make the fourth line offensively hopeless again.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Sutter played Richards at Carter's wing many times during the playoffs so I don't think it will be a big surprise if he tries it for a longer stretch during the season. If you want to try to generate some offense from the 4th line, Vey is an option. I just don't think you can play Richards as the 4th line center during the season, like you can in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad