Speculation: What would you give for Sidney Crosby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Potential Scenario:

- With recent struggles in Pittsburgh, Sidney Crosby asks to be traded out of Pittsburgh (could be now, or within the next 1-2 years let's say). He lists Montreal as one of the teams he'd accept to be traded to. What do you give up for him?

To what extent do you go all out and sacrifice anything/anyone/any combination? Would you give up Price? Subban? Both? Both + a bunch of prospects?

Would you do a Lindros type trade (when Philly traded for him to QC) and get him at any cost?

Considering Sidney is still in the prime of his career, I believe this could be the biggest trade in NHL history. I know Gretzky got traded in his prime too, but i don't know that Edmonon got full value for him. I believe Pittsburgh could ask a higher price for Crosby.

I'm sure a few haters might say "dont like him don't want him", and that's fine. But I know every single hockey fan would love to have him on their team. Some are likely willing to pay more than others, and some will be a lot more conservative.

So again, what would you be willing to do to obtain Sidney Crosby? (and remember he's signed to a long-term contract, so if we trade for him it's to keep him for many, many years).

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
The problem with these trades is that we don't have enough depth to be competitive after the trade.

For one thing i would not trade Price (we all know how that worked out for us last time) and i fully expect them to ask for him.

Halifaxhab*

The real question is...

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Wouldn't try. They'd want a fortune and I don't trust players with the concussion problems he's had. So I'd pass altogether.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Only asset that's remotely close is Subban and you'd have to add a lot. I probably wouldn't make a trade for Crosby because you're going to have to overpay and likely won't get full value out of the trade with his concussion troubles. 80 games of Subban is worth more to a team than 40 games of Crosby.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

nothing...he's not worth the price....it just sets you back years because then you have to go out and fill the massive craters that trade would leave.....its just sideways...one player doesn't win u a cup...a team does. imo......Crosby is overkill for his position...you only need a certain amount from your number 1 centre, and as long as all other positions are strong and running well you have the best opportunity to win you can achieve...the rest is luck. there are other centres who have had more success than Crosby because of the surrounding cast...depth....you can hardly get depth with a 1-2 of Crosby (8.7) and malkin (9.4!!)

balance....balance in all positions is what gets you there.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Crosby + Throw away roster player

For

Pacioretty + Desharnais + 2015 2nd Round Pick

That's what I would propose on NHL 14 anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad