What would it take to get Chris Kreider from NYR?

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I like this kid...and he could be slotted in at LW. Highest +/- on the team and a solid corsi rating.

What would it take to get him?

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Something ridiculous since NYR has no reason to move him.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
even though they have depth at D. i would think something like Voynov +. that would be an upgrade for them on the second pairing. if not VV, then TTT +

gotta give to get.

moving either of those guys to me is simply changing where the hole in LA's roster is. they move TT, then we have a hole at either #1 or #2 RW when Williams' contract expires. move VV and we have no replacement of equivalent talent to fill that spot

if it isn't either of these guys then it is a package of top draft picks, which imo DL has to use. he needs add some depth back into the Kings cupboard

i like Kreider's game, but i think his acquistion just creates another problem

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
even though they have depth at D. i would think something like Voynov +. that would be an upgrade for them on the second pairing. if not VV, then TTT +

gotta give to get.

moving either of those guys to me is simply changing where the hole in LA's roster is. they move TT, then we have a hole at either #1 or #2 RW when Williams' contract expires. move VV and we have no replacement of equivalent talent to fill that spot

if it isn't either of these guys then it is a package of top draft picks, which imo DL has to use. he needs add some depth back into the Kings cupboard

i like Kreider's game, but i think his acquistion just creates another problem
Are you high?
Voynov > Kreider AINEC

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I like this kid...and he could be slotted in at LW. Highest +/- on the team and a solid corsi rating.

What would it take to get him?

We have plenty of guys with high corsi ratings. We need guys who can put the puck in the net, not guys who have just a high corsi rating.

You stat geeks are killing me with all numbers and no logic.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Are you high?
Voynov > Kreider AINEC

I wouldn't trade Voynov for Kreider either but that's probably what it would take and even that might not get it done. People don't want to be realistic about these kinds of things, they want a top line player for prospects, expendable roster players and draft picks. Packages like Martinez, Vey and a draft pick aren't worth much when it comes to names like Kreider, Pacioretty or whatever the hot name of the week is.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Any trade involving the Kings at this point with a significant return is going to include one or both of Toffoli and Voynov.

Team don't just give away players like Kreider for the likes of Stoll and a pick, much to the dismay of many.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Kreider is an slight upgrade over King, but you would give Voynov to get him :amazed: Please close this thread

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
We have plenty of guys with high corsi ratings. We need guys who can put the puck in the net, not guys who have just a high corsi rating.

You stat geeks are killing me with all numbers and no logic.

Stat geek - yes. It's not like I am basing all my decisions on stats. But don't you find it curious that the best players in the league have high corsi ratings?

Also, Kreider is putting up solid points and is a big guy who fits into this system.

It's too bad that we have to wait so long to take a look at Prokhorkin. I think that kid is going to be a pretty good LW in this league.

Last edited:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
After reading the thread dedicated to Kreider on the NYR board, I'm thinking it would take a massive overpayment.

Lombardi doesn't do massive overpayments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad