What winger do you sign?

• Thread starter Monahan For Mayor*
  • Start date

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Perry's not a bad choice, per se. He honestly would be a great fit on our team. He's a pure finisher and is extremely clutch in big situations. He isn't fast, but we have other guys who can bring that. And I think he'd be a good leader in the dressing room. He's 30. It's not like we're talking about a 36 year old here. He's right in his prime. And if the goal here was to win the Cup with this team, the time might as well be now.

That said, I feel like Ovechkin can offer the same and more than Perry.

But I kinda liked being a well liked team around here. Adding Perry would lose us a bunch of fans... because he's a ******.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
But I kinda liked being a well liked team around here. Adding Perry would lose us a bunch of fans... because he's a ******.
People didn't stop cheering for the Flames because we had Marchment or Simon, why would they because of Perry? He is the type of player you hate on the other team but love on their own.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
People didn't stop cheering for the Flames because we had Marchment or Simon, why would they because of Perry? He is the type of player you hate on the other team but love on their own.

I agree, I was being more facetious than anything. Of course Perry would be a great player to have. Probably instantly be our best player for now.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I agree, I was being more facetious than anything. Of course Perry would be a great player to have. Probably instantly be our best player for now.
My bad, just with some of the statements made recently I wasn't sure :laugh:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Perry. Hes exactly what the Flames need in their top 6. Pests who can score and be physical are hard to find.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Ovechkin

G-M-O line. Opens up a wonderful pun. :laugh: Physical presence who can also score. Plays RW.

Also, Ovi is not a man, but a Russian grizzly bear who was shaved and taught to play hockey. :handclap:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Ovechkin

G-M-O line. Opens up a wonderful pun. :laugh: Physical presence who can also score. Plays RW.

Also, Ovi is not a man, but a Russian grizzly bear who was shaved and taught to play hockey. :handclap:

9757467834_4693999528.jpg

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Factoring age I choose Tarasenko over Ovy.

Even though I knew we had no shot, when Tarasenko signed his new contract with St. Louis eliminating all possibilities of us offer sheeting him, I was saddened.

Monahan For Mayor*

Factoring age I choose Tarasenko over Ovy.

Even though I knew we had no shot, when Tarasenko signed his new contract with St. Louis eliminating all possibilities of us offer sheeting him, I was saddened.

They would have taken major picks from us

Monahan For Mayor*

I was just comparing Poirer and Simmonds stats from Draft to Draft + 2 years. Poirer really looks like he could be our own Simmonds, especially considering they have similar play styles. I would be ecstatic if he turns out like that.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I was just comparing Poirer and Simmonds stats from Draft to Draft + 2 years. Poirer really looks like he could be our own Simmonds, especially considering they have similar play styles. I would be ecstatic if he turns out like that.

I think he could be better. Simmonds without Giroux is basically a 40-50 point player, and I think Poirier has the tools to be a level better than that offensively.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Maybe offensively Poirier might be comparable to Simmonds, but there's maybe 5 guys in the league that are the type that Simmonds is, I wouldn't say Poirier is quite that guy. Simmonds can physically take over a game.

Monahan For Mayor*

I think he could be better. Simmonds without Giroux is basically a 40-50 point player, and I think Poirier has the tools to be a level better than that offensively.

Yeah he could. I'd like Simmonds and a Ceiling developed Poir. Talk about some grit and scoring!

Line up 16-17

Johnny - Monahan - Poirier
Bouma - Bennet - Simmonds
Ferland - Backlund - Smith

That top 9 would be lethal and very hard to play against. Of course who knows how we could get Simmonds. I'm just salivating at the look of it tho.

Monahan For Mayor*

Yeah he could. I'd like Simmonds and a Ceiling developed Poir. Talk about some grit and scoring!

Line up 16-17

Johnny - Monahan - Poirier
Bouma - Bennet - Simmonds
Ferland - Backlund - Smith

That top 9 would be lethal and very hard to play against. Of course who knows how we could get Simmonds. I'm just salivating at the look of it tho.

Klimmer were Bouma is. Than Bouma/Ferland at 3 whoever is better at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad