What were your fantasy missed opportunities?

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
I had an offer of my Cliff Pu, Ivan Barbashev, and Mike Reilly for his William Karlsson and John Carlson. It was early in the season so I thought Karlsson's stats were unsustainable.

Later I was able to trade Barbashev in a deal for Hague and Stanley, and traded Pu and Nikita Scherbak for Thatcher Demko, but I probably could have gotten a lot more for Carlson and Karlsson.

damoose212001

Jan 16, 2005
Pittsburgh
I dropped Keller and Barzal early on in a very deep league. (12 Team, keeper league) I made the mistake of picking them up and dropping them nearly immediately.

Luckily I hit it big with Konecny and Raanta. I'm currently riding Raanta into the championship and have every goalie category won so far in large part due to him. I also traded for Getzlaf right before he came back for a simple pick upgrade. (Getzlaf and a 6th for my 4th). That has worked extremely well in my favor. I don't believe the other guy realized Getzlaf was so close to coming back.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I had an offer on the table before the season started that I'd get Boeser and Bobrovsky for my Price in a dynasty. I was a big fan of Boeser, but I wasn't buying Bobrovsky for some reason. Goalies are impossible to get in that league, so I declined it. Ohhhhhhh boy...

I traded Boeser for a bunch of draft picks in a cap dynasty league. Granted, I got a lot of high picks, but still...

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
Dropped Raanta and Hellebuyck early in seperate leagues. Missed the W. Karlsson, Boeser and Barzal boats in most of my leagues. Traded Kessel for EK65 (I had Wheeler, Kucherov, Stone and Kessel all as pure RWs in that league, so I had to make a move, this was well before Wheeler gained C status).

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
I dropped Karlsson when he cooled off. That didn't last. Also dropped Dadonov and Boeser who were serviceable. Ended up tying for first after leading the league for most of the season.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Missed trading Lucic for a 6th round pick in the entry draft last summer, in a 10 team dynasty salary league.

I doubt I can trade him for anything now, after that horrendous season, given his anchor of a contract.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Was offered a trade very early on to get barkov for aho, I probably should have taken that one but i was very happy with the centres i had picked in the draft and wanted to keep aho on as one of my key winger guys,not that aho didnt serve me well but barkov on the team would have been better especially considering some injuries i went down with to scheif and eichel during the year.

It all worked out though, deep 12 team league and I put it away and won this past sunday.

Great year, most all my draft choices and moves were winners all season long.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I dropped Keller and Barzal early on in a very deep league. (12 Team, keeper league) I made the mistake of picking them up and dropping them nearly immediately.

Luckily I hit it big with Konecny and Raanta. I'm currently riding Raanta into the championship and have every goalie category won so far in large part due to him. I also traded for Getzlaf right before he came back for a simple pick upgrade. (Getzlaf and a 6th for my 4th). That has worked extremely well in my favor. I don't believe the other guy realized Getzlaf was so close to coming back.
Why would you drop Keller and Barzal in a deep keeper league? Just curious about the reasoning.

Keller was one of my 10 keepers going into this past season, and Barzal was drafted in our 2nd round. 14 team league with 10 keepers.

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
Keeper league that counts G,A,PP pts, +/-, PIM, hits, blocks.

Last off-season, I decided to keep guys like Getzlaf and Hoffman over Nathan MacKinnon.

Stupid move, but I still won my league and $100.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad