What was every country’s best WJC team?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Honestly I'm tempted to say the 2015 team is better than the 05 team (Canada).

I don't have the stats for 05 but I know the 2015 team was never behind at any point in the tournament. They utterly dominated the competition that year. Only let in 4 goals the entire tournament until the finals. Took 4/6 spots on the all star team, including all 3 forward spots, had 5/6 top scorers including 1/2/3/4.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Honestly I'm tempted to say the 2015 team is better than the 05 team (Canada).

I don't have the stats for 05 but I know the 2015 team was never behind at any point in the tournament. They utterly dominated the competition that year. Only let in 4 goals the entire tournament until the finals. Took 4/6 spots on the all star team, including all 3 forward spots, had 5/6 top scorers including 1/2/3/4.
Canada in '15 played competitive games with both USA in the group stage first place game and the gold medal game. They had an easy semi by circumstance. The '05 Canada team rolled Sweden/Finland in the group and destroyed Russia in the Gold. While subjective, I think an overall better roster looking through it as well.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
For Germany best Team talentwise 2020 (yes very young, but Seider, Stützle, Perterka, Reichel and Bokk that was very talented) and teamwise 2021 (unfortuanatly missing Seider and Reichel).
2021 team could have made it to the semi-final and had better side squad.

That in my eyes best German teams beating the 1995 age group.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
The 2015 team had very poor goaltending. The SIHF is traditionally too hesitant to select double underager goalies. Van Pottelberghe would have been a better option.

We see it with the current team as well. Doesn't get much worse than Grüter or Beglieri...still the SIHF didn't select a single one of the fantastic 06 goalie prospect. According to the list the SIHF published they wouldn't even be emergency opions. That's friggen Metzger. And if, for some reason, we need two goalies they'd most certainly call Loris Uberti:help::baghead::facepalm:

Descloux was bad in this tournament but he wasn't that bad a prospect compared to who we started in other years. He came of a pretty good U18 tournament and was good at the Ivan Hlinka as well. So i'd still say its the best roster all time "on paper". Two blue chip forwards and another game breaker (Malgin) is just a luxury we never had otherwise. And we had good depth to top it off. The team gave a sneak peak of its potential against the Czechs. But they dropped the ball pretty hard after that.

But I agree on this years goaltenders. Well at least in Beglieris case as I know next to nothing about Grüter. But I don't have any clue why Beglieri made the team outside of seniority.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad