What to do with the board - Poll of Yotes fans.

What do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No thanks, I'll wait for something better to come along. An expansion team that didn't have an expansion draft playing in the smallest NHL stadium with 1/3rd of the seats having restricted views. 30 year old venue being second fiddle to the NBA team.

I'd rather be a Knights fan, more reasons to visit Vegas but I'll at least will see what happens with the land auction before I think about jumping ship.

Vegas over SLC
I will probably follow Utah because of the players. I want to see what could have been.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
As far as I'm concerned they are still the Yotes, Utah Yotes as I like to call them now, and I'm planning on following them here in forum 40.
My ex wife no longer considers herself my wife. How can I consider her my wife? The Utah NHL team does not consider itself the Coyotes The players no longer consider themselves Coyotes. You shouldn’t follow them in the Coyotes forum. You should migrate from F-40 to F-U to follow those players.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
My ex wife no longer considers herself my wife. How can I consider her my wife? The Utah NHL team does not consider itself the Coyotes The players no longer consider themselves Coyotes. You shouldn’t follow them in the Coyotes forum. You should migrate from F-40 to F-U to follow those players.
I'll likely hang in F-40 as long as Sniper allows it, if he shuts it down I probably just peace out on HF. Time will tell but right now I can't think of any compelling reasons to hang around F-U (how appropriate). Utah sucks for a lot of reasons, the Yotes relocating there didn't exactly improve that view. Lol

Oh and sorry about your ex wife. 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bonsai Tree

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I was a little surprised so many hopped to the Utah forum and kept on cruising like nothing happened. I get wanting to move on but kinda hoped more Yotes fans would stick around and discuss the team here instead of immediately jumping ship to the new forum.

Well, I'll be honest. I have no interest in discussing that team here on this board. It's not my team anymore, it's not an Arizona team. So if I want to talk about them, I'd rather do it in the proper spot.

But yeah, the number of people who made the transition almost seamlessly shocked me too.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Actually, I get it. When the Rams moved from St Louis back to LA, for me - who never lived in either place - it was like nothing ever happened. And for fans of this team living in Winnipeg, this is identical. An even smaller change, probably, as both cities are in the US Intermountain West.

Reactions: Summer Rose

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
The thing for me is, what was going to make the team finally being good HERE was being able to point at all the anti-hockey in az people and forcing them to see the team succeeding in AZ. What the hell does it matter if the team succeeds now? It’s not AZ anymore. I don’t care about desert hockey, I care about Arizona hockey, and it’s dead.

The litmus test I put myself through when considering continuing to follow the team was this: “would I feel any joy if next year they’re really good, Josh Doan is a Calder candidate, Gunther is 30 goal scorer, and Keller gets 90 points and they make the playoffs?” My answer was a resounding f*** no. So that’s it.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The thing for me is, what was going to make the team finally being good HERE was being able to point at all the anti-hockey in az people and forcing them to see the team succeeding in AZ. What the hell does it matter if the team succeeds now? It’s not AZ anymore. I don’t care about desert hockey, I care about Arizona hockey, and it’s dead.

The litmus test I put myself through when considering continuing to follow the team was this: “would I feel any joy if next year they’re really good, Josh Doan is a Calder candidate, Gunther is 30 goal scorer, and Keller gets 90 points and they make the playoffs?” My answer was a resounding f*** no. So that’s it.
Pretty much mirrors my own heart on this. I might look at their record once or twice if I am in a self destructive mood.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I was a little surprised so many hopped to the Utah forum and kept on cruising like nothing happened. I get wanting to move on but kinda hoped more Yotes fans would stick around and discuss the team here instead of immediately jumping ship to the new forum.
Well, I'll be honest. I have no interest in discussing that team here on this board. It's not my team anymore, it's not an Arizona team. So if I want to talk about them, I'd rather do it in the proper spot.

But yeah, the number of people who made the transition almost seamlessly shocked me too.

Don’t see why you both should be shocked.

Hockey nerds are hockey nerds.

Going to say this though……

Everyone can choose to go there or not….. doesn’t bother me in the least. But don’t go there to take a giant dump on the board about what happened with the Coyotes.

It’s going to take a while for new Utah hockey fans to learn about this site and populate F287 and the last thing they need to be greeted with is bunch of disgruntled posters spewing venom everywhere.

Reactions: Summer Rose

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Yea I get that. And I'll be honest, I posted once over there. But I'm really having trouble finding the same sense of ownership and belonging. I can't feel like I can call the team mine anymore.

I'll probably go back to rooting for the Sabres more while we don't have a team here in AZ. That's a pretty easy transition for me with them being my birth town team with a young up and coming core. But I'm going to keep hanging out here too. I want to be one of the OG's on it for Phoenix Firebirds/Yotes 2.0 when we come back around.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not going to just give up on being a hockey fan because Alex Meruelo sucks. He took the home town team away from me. I’m not going to just voluntarily let him take anything more than that from me. That’s cutting off your nose to spite your face.

What happened happened. And it sucks. And it was stupid. And it was avoidable and there are so many incompetent clowns and downright villains along the way that made it happen. It was a slow and humiliating death. And I’m pissed about it. That baggage is dead to me. Hanging onto that only hurts me. It doesn’t hurt Meruelo or anyone else.

I’ll do what I like. Being disgruntled and resentful and depressed isn’t what I like. Being a fan of an nhl team and continuing to follow BA & the Owski’s and the pool they’ve built is what I like. It never occurred to me to just let a bad owner have that because he made me mad. Its mine. Im keeping it.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Everyone can choose to go there or not….. doesn’t bother me in the least. But don’t go there to take a giant dump on the board about what happened with the Coyotes.

It’s going to take a while for new Utah hockey fans to learn about this site and populate F287 and the last thing they need to be greeted with is bunch of disgruntled posters spewing venom everywhere.
You should know me better than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad