Speculation: What to do with Kulikov

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
When he was healthy, he was solid last year. I hope he is healthy and is just playing off the rust and getting back into game shape. We need him as LHD this year.

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm guessing the Jets would never say anything else.
If he wasn't still injured or nursing his back he'd play in a higher slot

No kidding, if he wasn't still injured/still getting back into game shape there is no way in hell he would be behind the depth chart of Morrow, Chariot, Poolman and Myers, lets get real here folks!

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Kulikov can play both LHD and RHD. An I think when healthy, he is a top 4 d-man.

I think he is borderline top 4. IIRC he played on the right a little last year and was not too good. Small sample though.

The thing is that right now he is still recovering from serious surgery. He is not going to be 100% right away.

If he can recover fully and play well for somewhere close to a full season there are 2 possibilities. He becomes tradeable, with a little retention, or he becomes worth keeping for 1 more year.

But if his back continues to be a problem or he doesn't recover his former ability those options are gone. We then are forced to take a penalty of some kind to get rid of him.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i thought Kuli was a solid and steady player last year. It was many moons ago, but when he was in the lineup you just didn't hear his name much on broadcasts which is good for a for a dman of his his ilk. (not giving up scoring ops, not making mistakes). Wouldn't make sense to trade him this year I would think, but perhaps next year or buy him out if his play falls off. Could also be LTIR'd if the back is destoryed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad