Confirmed with Link: What to do With Iafallo / Update: Iafallo re-signed 4 years, 16 million

What to do with Iafallo

• Total voters

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Neither Toffoli or Pearson is a good comparable for Iafallo. Iafallo is at a higher level than both. He is just flat out the better player.

Forget looking at just the Kings and look league wide, Iafallo is a legitimate first line LW and all of his real comparables start at $4.75 as the cap hit.
Career PPG

Pearson 0.46 // 14:49 ATOI (Last 3 yrs in VAN avg more TOI than any year as a King inflating that number)
Toffoli 0.56 // 15:54 ATOI (Much higher due to time in VAN/MTL, which greatly inflates that number)
Iaffolo 0.47 // 17:23 ATOI (Solid 3-4+ minutes more per game than either during their LA days)

Now one of those gets multiple not just 1-2 minutes more than the other two, has 0 cups, 0 20+g years, and is stapled next to Kopitar. Wtf do you think Toffoli's PPG would be if he got to play forever next to Kopitar and the minutes Iaffolo received? Also Toffoli has multiple 20+g years and a 30+g year compared to 0 20+g seasons from Iaffolo. Toffoli lead the league in short-handed goals one year and has played a lot more minutes on the PK so if you want to argue PK there goes that argument. Do you think MTL would remotely entertain Iaffolo for Toffoli if he signed the exact same contract? If Iafollo gets a bigger contract than Toffoli is is a beyond shit job by Blake plain and simple.

I like Iafollo. I would be genuinely happy if he is brought back. It is a detriment though if he gets more than the Toffoli contract in anyway or form. Goals and cup experience add value to any and all players. Not only does he blow Iafollo out in both of those his PPG is decently better while playing significantly less minutes without a regular 70+ pts center setting him up.

Last edited:

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Have you ever played a sport at a high level? I mean, at a bare minimum as a scholarship P5/D1 athlete.[/QUO
I'm from Canada that should say it all...D 1...our College and Universities are for kids that have played Major Junior and are going back to school to get a PE/Kinesiology degree or something of the sort.! Like I said I'd prefer some talent and skill with Kopi,not a couple of turnover machines that are coattail riders

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

hey man if you are going to quote people maybe don't re-write their quotes. In no way do I want Fagemo sent out.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Neither Toffoli or Pearson is a good comparable for Iafallo. Iafallo is at a higher level than both. He is just flat out the better player.

Forget looking at just the Kings and look league wide, Iafallo is a legitimate first line LW and all of his real comparables start at $4.75 as the cap hit.
Whoa. That is a strong take. I agree that he us better than Pearson, but I cannot agree about Toffoli.
The best thing that Iafollo has going for him is that he is very compatible with Kopitar. His best skill tops out as above average. He's a third line talent. No disrespect intended but that is what he is. Third line talent that is compatible to play with the first line superstar center.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Whoa. That is a strong take. I agree that he us better than Pearson, but I cannot agree about Toffoli.
The best thing that Iafollo has going for him is that he is very compatible with Kopitar. His best skill tops out as above average. He's a third line talent. No disrespect intended but that is what he is. Third line talent that is compatible to play with the first line superstar center.

Yet somehow, the third line talent is among the top 30 in goals and points in the NHL at his position. So if he produces better numbers than the likes of Jamie Benn and Patrick Laine, he must be a highly productive third line player that is worth hanging onto. Guys making considerably more money statistically produce less than this third line talent.

Reactions: bland

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Yet somehow, the third line talent is among the top 30 in goals and points in the NHL at his position. So if he produces better numbers than the likes of Jamie Benn and Patrick Laine, he must be a highly productive third line player that is worth hanging onto. Guys making considerably more money statistically produce less than this third line talent.
Especially since the idea is that Iafallo will be on the third line in two years - still alongside of Kopitar handling top matchups.

Where are folks getting this "3rd line talent" stuff? Iafallo is not an overachiever, he has made steady progress from day 1 in LA through the present while being a direct contributor to the best career years of our sainted Kopitar. That has to be one of the most difficult roles to play in hockey, yet our fanbase has a ridiculous amount of people who misunderstand or underrate his accomplishments and abilities.

This is the very definition of the player you want for this team. Effort, production, enables better production from his high level linemates, homegrown and always improving.

We keep talking about needing the core vets around to set examples, but who sets a better example of pure work than Iafallo?

Reward the man with the money he has earned, not where people think he "should" be.

Reactions: BigBrown

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It is done 4 x 4. I can just about live with that. Top end of what I’d have gone to, 5 x 4 was way too much.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Huge Dick Blake ran down to the deadline to sign for a really good price. Insane to think what Blake's starting price was if they settled on 4....

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Did u not see the video of him saying his own name as I a fall o ? or are u trying to say he;s not pronouncing his own name right lol
After generations of butchering the last name that's what you get...I as in a long I...A as in a short A,Fall...short A again and then the O which is long...Can't happen its either long or short vowels not a mixture in any language that hasn't butchered a pronunciation!

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If it’s 4x4, it’s one year too long and hopefully without movement protection. Also means that he’ll almost certainly be protected in the expansion draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad