What the HELL is wrong with the Ottawa Senators!?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I picked them to miss the playoffs. I told everyone that lame argument about how far they went in the playoffs means absolutely nothing in the 2017-18 season.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
too many changes too quickly maybe? they were real good last year and when they got duchene i thought it would be great for them but it hasn't been anything shy of a dumpster fire

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
They have decent talent up front (better than the ducks to me at least) but showed no interest in the game yesterday. Ducks just came back from a grueling road trip, 2nd night in a row, and Ottawa didn't even do anything. Karlsson was the only one doing anything, and he wasn't super inspired.

They look like they hate their coach.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They have decent talent up front (better than the ducks to me at least) but showed no interest in the game yesterday. Ducks just came back from a grueling road trip, 2nd night in a row, and Ottawa didn't even do anything. Karlsson was the only one doing anything, and he wasn't super inspired.

I kind of agree with that. They looked mostly disinterested. Even the only 'scrum' was kind of a few half-assed facewashes. And tying the game up at the end tonight didn't draw much of a celebration, one foot on the plane already.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Well, considering their coach is a Bond villain and a known hard-ass, I'm not surprised.

I will say as a Leafs fan, for the sake of the league, I hope they improve because if they draft Dahlin it's going to be problems. They'd be able to have either him or EK on the ice for essentially the whole game....which means no one else will get to touch the puck.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Weak team defense and below average goaltending? Hard work is the way to break out of that. Are enough Sens working both ends of the ice? Not in the two games I've watched in the last while.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Well, considering their coach is a Bond villain and a known hard-ass, I'm not surprised.

I will say as a Leafs fan, for the sake of the league, I hope they improve because if they draft Dahlin it's going to be problems. They'd be able to have either him or EK on the ice for essentially the whole game....which means no one else will get to touch the puck.

They already have Chabot who is starting to turn it up with six points in 9 games. You'd have Karlsson as a RD and Dahlin + Chabot as your top 4 LD. It would be ridiculous depth, especially come playoff time.

Weak team defense and below average goaltending? Hard work is the way to break out of that. Are enough Sens working both ends of the ice? Not in the two games I've watched in the last while.

Spot on. The Sens haven't played very well in the last month+. They're not working hard and barely seem like they're trying at times. Last night they had the effort, which was nice, but still a lot of work to be done defensively.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
This is a team that shocked everyone by taking the Penguins to double overtime of Game 7 of the ECF. Karlsson looked like the best player in the world, Anderson looked unbeatable, the system was tight and effective (the only criticism opposing fans had against it was that it was "boring").

Now they look like one of the worst teams in the league, if not THE worst. Every forward can't get anything going on offense, their defense is a mess, Karlsson looks like a 40 year old washed up has-been, Anderson and Condon are sieves, and Boucher's once effective and annoying system is now nowhere to be seen.

No heart. No leadership.

The usual for the Sens.

Reactions: david999

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
They have a good team and the best player in the world on their roster. They'll be fine. Karlsson came off major surgery, missed training camp and the start of the season. He'll be back in shape soon and the whole league will have to look out. When Duchene and Karlsson finds some chemistry it's going to be something special.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
If you watched they actual games last year you wouldn't have been fooled by their extremely fluky season. They just aren't a good hockey team.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
This is a team that shocked everyone by taking the Penguins to double overtime of Game 7 of the ECF. Karlsson looked like the best player in the world, Anderson looked unbeatable, the system was tight and effective (the only criticism opposing fans had against it was that it was "boring").

Now they look like one of the worst teams in the league, if not THE worst. Every forward can't get anything going on offense, their defense is a mess, Karlsson looks like a 40 year old washed up has-been, Anderson and Condon are sieves, and Boucher's once effective and annoying system is now nowhere to be seen.
Remember before the season you'd get so mad when I said Ottawa would miss the playoffs?
Their playoff run was obviously a complete one-off. They were not that good in the regular season and got worse in the offseason.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Should mive the team Quebec?

I lived in Ottawa for three years and it's a great city. But I don't think it will ever have the best hockey fanbase. Too many transplants, too many people that grew up Leafs/Habs fans.

I'd love to see Quebec City get a team. Having said that I'd rather move Florida or Arizona though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad