What The Hell Happened To...Jim Carey?

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Wow. Excellent article. At least he seems to be doing pretty well now, with his own company and what not.

Last edited:

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
I used to work as a software developer for the industry-leading medical billing services company, and we were always on the lookout for start-ups that might move into our space. One of the ones we were concerned with for a while was OptiMED. I heard the name enough around the office that I decided to check out their website. Almost fell out of my chair when I got to this page:

http://www.optimedsolutions.com/management.html

Needless to say, they never did much and eventually fell off my company's radar. Kind of like his NHL career.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hmm...interesting stuff...

Then Capitals GM David Poile (now the GM in Nashville) on the trade:

“When we traded Jim, it wasn’t under normal circumstances,†Poile said. “We were struggling, and we traded three good, young players for three veterans. You could already sense that the passion, the drive wasn’t there in Jim. He was a nice person, but he didn’t really integrate with the team. Sure, there are loners in hockey, but it just seemed that Jim didn’t really want it. And you have to want it.I think it comes down to Jim not wanting it badly enough. He didn’t fight through the adversity the way we expected.â

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad