What the Bruins are doing/What you'd like to see this off-season 2014 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I wonder if it's going to be some time yet, before we see a move.

Kelly needs to be cleared medically.
Seidenberg needs to be cleared medically.
They may want to see what Bart gets in arbitration.
Maybe they want to see what they have in development camp.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I wonder if it's going to be some time yet, before we see a move.

Kelly needs to be cleared medically.
Seidenberg needs to be cleared medically.
They may want to see what Bart gets in arbitration.
Maybe they want to see what they have in development camp.

I suspect your right Bill, probably in that spot where there`s not much they can do?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Surely they'll keep Seidenberg?

certainly, and based on what I been reading if they really are so backed up against they would obviously move Kelly. I like Chris but he's at best the fourth best center and fourth best left wing. Also, the plan is to win the Stanley Cup you don't break up a strength with that top 5 defense, no way.

If Chiarelli gets backed in a corner Kelly would somehow go, But he'll try and work around it. Trading Krejci or Boychuk when you could move CK is the way to winthe SC. You don't trade your number one center to keep your 5th. You don't give up your only right shot shut down defenseman to keep Kelly.

not you, but its amazing some people don't get it or the solution if they have to use one. Losing Iginla was a lot of the battle. As Chiarelli said to get him then you have to move- right now he could squeeze it in but it would be pretty tight- maybe, and that is where the Kelly thing comes into play

also, Boston has the double whammy of seeing the Kings win the Cup but how great there development program is and the Monarchs are practically in the backyard (I have actually seen Monarch players at the Bruins games a bunch of times, its so close they go to see friends from other teams they grew up with or played or just to catch games, but they are around)...Boston wants to get a crack at that and go with some of their kids-so the days of Stephane Yelle and hopefully Peter Mueller are over (he did not have a great IFF in Belerus last month so why all the love)

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Surely they'll keep Seidenberg?

I think he's more questioning to see what he will be like when he returns. He hasn't played game speed hockey in a long time. We all know he's a work horse but knee surgery takes a toil.

With Kelly, I was suggesting he probably won't be dealt until he's healthy.

With Seidenberg, I was suggesting they'd probably want to see him healthy before moving another D. If he were to suffer a major setback at the very end of his rehab they're suddenly not as deep as they thought.

That said, I'm still in the camp that thinks one of Boychuk or Seidenberg should be moved for A) cap space now and next year, and B) to change the complexion of the top4 to be a little faster and more dynamic.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It is a little disconcerting seeing other teams making moves while we do nothing.:(

List one of the contracts that have been signed that you would have wanted Chia to make, even if we had the cap space. So far none have been appealing. I was interested in Vrbata, but not for 5 mil. I wanted Iggy back, but not for three years and that money.

Unless you're talking about trades? But so far those have been for big name guys and were rumored to be happening for weeks now. I want the Bruins to do something too, and I'm eager to see what it is, but the word disconcerting isn't really appropriate.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
List one of the contracts that have been signed that you would have wanted Chia to make, even if we had the cap space. So far none have been appealing. I was interested in Vrbata, but not for 5 mil. I wanted Iggy back, but not for three years and that money.

Unless you're talking about trades? But so far those have been for big name guys and were rumored to be happening for weeks now. I want the Bruins to do something too, and I'm eager to see what it is, but the word disconcerting isn't really appropriate.

I liked the Legwand and Boyle deals but neither made sense for Boston. The Lehtera for Stl sounds interesting as well. We didn't have a chance at him but he gives them a Soderberg type of player which is huge!

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I wanted Benoit back.:sarcasm:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I watched one of my favorite movies ''The Purple Rose of Cairo with Jeff Daniels yesterday and he used the word ''disconcerting'' in one of my favorite scenes,so I just had to get that word in one of my post's .;)

HanktheHammer*

I watched one of my favorite movies ''The Purple Rose of Cairo with Jeff Daniels yesterday and he used the word ''disconcerting'' in one of my favorite scenes,so I just had to get that word in one of my post's .;)

My favorite Jeff Daniels scene is from the all-time classic "Dumb And Dumber" where he asks "Hey kids, you wouldn't have a cup of warm water with you?" as his tongue is stuck to a frosted ski lift post. I also love bathroom scene because it had happened to me. LOL!

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I just posted this in another thread but im curious what everyone thinks, so ill post it here.

to
Johnny Boychuk - 3.367m
Brad Marchand - 4.5m

to
Kyle Okposo - 2.8m (two more seasons)
Matt Martin - 1.0m (two more seasons)

This trade sheds 4.067m. Okposo is a RH shot RW, only 26 years old, and coming off a 27 goal, 69 point season. Martin is a physical 4th liner who hits everything and fights (Thorty replacement). Boychuk is an animal and I love him but next year he's getting PAID.

Torey Krug - 2 years @ 3m
Riley Smith - 2 years @ 3m
Matt Bartkowski - 1 year @ 900k
Justin Florek - 1 year at 660k

Krug and Smith might be getting a little too much but I did 3m to play it safe. Bridge contract.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Kyle Okposo ($2.800m)
Loui Eriksson ($4.250m) / Patrice Bergeron ($6.500m) / Reilly Smith ($3.000m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Carl Soderberg ($1.008m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m)
Matt Martin ($1.000m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Matt Fraser ($0.900m)
Justin Florek ($0.660m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Dougie Hamilton ($0.894m)
Torey Krug ($3.000m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($4.000m)
Kevan Miller ($0.800m) / Adam McQuaid ($1.567m)
Matt Bartkowski ($0.950m) /
GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($7.000m)
Niklas Svedberg ($0.600m)
LTIR
Marc Savard ($4.027m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$4,779,500
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,775,333; BONUSES: $600,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,224,667

I kept Kelly on this roster, seems not that likely we trade him and we still have 1.2m in space. I wasn't sure if he or Fraser should be on the 3rd line, or to have Spooner there and Fraser the 13th forward. Loui played LW most of his career in Dallas, so he might be more comfortable there next year. Seids plays both sides and helps cover up defensivley for Krug, whos stepping into more ice time on the 2nd pairing. Florek can be swapped for whoever really in Prov. but the cap hit for the 13th forward is going to be around that.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
certainly, and based on what I been reading if they really are so backed up against they would obviously move Kelly. I like Chris but he's at best the fourth best center and fourth best left wing. Also, the plan is to win the Stanley Cup you don't break up a strength with that top 5 defense, no way.

If Chiarelli gets backed in a corner Kelly would somehow go, But he'll try and work around it. Trading Krejci or Boychuk when you could move CK is the way to winthe SC. You don't trade your number one center to keep your 5th. You don't give up your only right shot shut down defenseman to keep Kelly.

not you, but its amazing some people don't get it or the solution if they have to use one. Losing Iginla was a lot of the battle. As Chiarelli said to get him then you have to move- right now he could squeeze it in but it would be pretty tight- maybe, and that is where the Kelly thing comes into play

also, Boston has the double whammy of seeing the Kings win the Cup but how great there development program is and the Monarchs are practically in the backyard (I have actually seen Monarch players at the Bruins games a bunch of times, its so close they go to see friends from other teams they grew up with or played or just to catch games, but they are around)...Boston wants to get a crack at that and go with some of their kids-so the days of Stephane Yelle and hopefully Peter Mueller are over (he did not have a great IFF in Belerus last month so why all the love)

Great, way to burst all the excitement I had over a potential Mueller sighting in Boston:sarcasm:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

So here's a question for you Dan:

Would you do a trade "centered around" (not a one for one) Johnny Boychuk and Karl Alzner?

I know BrainofJ is going to read this and say "Carlson" but that isn't going to work cap wise.

Chara - Hamilton
Alzner - Seidenberg
Krug - Miller/McQuaid

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

A better way to use that word would be something like, "The way some GMs spend money during free agency is disconcerting." :)

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
So here's a question for you Dan:

Would you do a trade "centered around" (not a one for one) Johnny Boychuk and Karl Alzner?

I know BrainofJ is going to read this and say "Carlson" but that isn't going to work cap wise.

Chara - Hamilton
Alzner - Seidenberg
Krug - Miller/McQuaid

I would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad