What team losing the first round would be the biggest disappointment? Carolina, Edmonton or Toronto

What team losing the first round would be the biggest disappointment?

• Carolina

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 118 52.2%
  • Toronto

Votes: 23 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Edmonton. It’s pretty well now (and next year) or never with cap constraints that will only get worse and depending on if either of McDrai stay.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Carolina is always expected to make a deep run and they’ve added Guentzel. This is their year. If they don’t make it at least to the ECF, that’s a disaster.

Feel like Edmonton having prime McDavid turns most of the attention on them. Also doesn’t hurt that they are probably the best team of the 3.
I don’t know man Carolina has a deep group of forwards and their defense is clearly better. They might be missing the game-breaking talent but they’re a very good team.

Reactions: DaveG and nucks88

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Carolina is the best team of the bunch, so them.
I went with them as they also have the easiest matchup right now and the other 2 teams match up against last years SC finalists.

The canes are also 3rd in the league, Oilers 9th and Leafs 10th so why either of them have more votes than the Canes?

I think some people are voting that way just so that they can trash them.

RR44

Jan 29, 2024
Meh, Edmonton losing would be funny, Toronto losing would be predictable but Carolina losing would be disappointing……
I second the Edmonton losing in the first round would be funny..

Last edited by a moderator:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I just think McDavid's tenure with Edmonton is a ticking clock and every wasted season makes everyone just a little bit more nervous.
IMO this is a bit of a false narrative as even as a UFA exactly which team is going to absorb him and give him a better shot exactly in the real world?

Put another way, it's really easy to say that Leon can sign as a UFA say with Dallas in 2 years and give himself a better shot but in reality it doesn't really work that way, every team is under the same salary cap rules and has problems when they succeed and in a 32 team league only one team wins the SC.

Same thing with Leon.

It probably hurts that the west is extremely stacked right now but it is what it is.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Carolina is going to get Philly or Washington in the first round. A first round loss would be catastrophic.

Edmonton and Toronto also have high expectations but their first round matchups are going to be tough.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
As an opposing fan, I love star ladden teams lose in first round. Especially when they paid for rentals that won't sign with them. So Carolina this year.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Carolina losing in round 1 to Philly or Washington would be devastating. They went all in at the deadline by adding Kuzy and Guentzel.

They have a lot of expiring contracts this summer too (Teravainen, Guentzel, Necas and Pesce).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad