Value of: What return does Nolan Patrick bring back???

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You obviously don't know what migraines are

the the 2 30 game stretches where he paced for approx 50 pts don't count?

Nope...makes no sense. Provy, Sanheim, Ghost, Morin, Hagg, York, Zamula.....we don't need a LHD. And no, we don't want Bear.

The Flyers will keep the younger, better player who has at least shown he can be a #3C.

Brown has 9 career NHL pts....Patrick has 68.
You're getting Bear.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I understand the point of the thread and I don’t think Patrick’s value is much higher than what’s been posted here. There is no way trading Patrick for a 3-4th rounder is worth it at all. That’s a crap shoot and low yield. Patrick put up close to a ppg during small stretches, is 22 yo, had major injuries and surgeries and missed long stretches of seasons. He has missed all of the past off seasons. He’s an NHL player as is. If he connects thing more and gets timing back, he’s a 3C. If not then fine but Frost is there either way.
I agree. Patrick’s value is at an all time low, hence the lowball offers (including mine above). It’s not worth the risk for any time to give up much for him so it’s honestly just smarter if Philly hangs on to him — he could always turn it around, I think there’s some good potential there.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
the equivalent of Patrick on defense is Connor Timmins
very good right-handed defender but also at risk in terms of injuries

Avs add a B prospect Zhuravlyov.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
I personally want a defensive defender who is big and mean. Who can play defense that's it no goals no offense just a mean guy who clears the crease, checks and block shots. Something reliable and over 6 feet.
This is what people say they want until their team drafts a Gudbranson, Mcilrath or Reinhart.

Reactions: Tripod

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Would seem like the Flyers would be better off holding onto him and hoping he breaks out. The best you'll get is another failing young player.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Lol at earlier in the thread of Hronek for Patrick being mentioned and guy says he was hoping for someone bigger. If the Flyers got offered Hronek for Patrick and didn’t say yes it would cause huge backlash

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I agree. Patrick’s value is at an all time low, hence the lowball offers (including mine above). It’s not worth the risk for any time to give up much for him so it’s honestly just smarter if Philly hangs on to him — he could always turn it around, I think there’s some good potential there.

Yup only way it makes sense is if someone values him highly and wants him in a package. Like Provorov + Patrick + for Eichel.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
I'm wondering what is a fair return for him? I am a Flyers fan. That said Patrick is easily one of my least favorite Flyers in a very long time. I hate everything about this guy's game. I'm sure I'll get some delusional Patrick lovers in here or those who say it's too early to give up, but in my opinion he is not meant for this team. What would you give up to get him, fair deal. I guess his pros are he is young and at some point in his life had offensive ability. But let's hear it.
After seeing coots not breakout until 6 years into the league I’m not really willing to give up on any high draft picks, if we do trade Patrick it comes back to bite us straight in the arse mark my words

Reactions: Tripod

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
After seeing coots not breakout until 6 years into the league I’m not really willing to give up on any high draft picks, if we do trade Patrick it comes back to bite us straight in the arse mark my words
Could be right.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Minnesota has a desperate need for a young RHC to play with Kaprizov, Fiala, Greenway & Boldy. I’d offer up Khovanov but Flyers fans probably would want Addison or Khusnutdinov which is too rich. But doesn’t make sense to do it before expansion because if Patrick plays well then MN would just lose him to Seattle.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Could be right.
None of us can predict the future I just know that we were all saying the same thing about coots even tho he was still elite defensively at the time, I would rather wait on the kid and see how it plays out with us than watch him go to another team and breakout

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad