What Prospect Would You Use As Trade Bait?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I assumed AFlames typoed while critiquing you so I was making fun of him. If his typos were intentional then I guess I'm a silly goose.
I wasn't critiquing that person, I never reply to that person you have quoted. I was simply saying to BVicious if he was unsure of a name and wants no backlash then google it. But obviously I had typos, but I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Considering our LW prospects and their size, you'd have to think it would be Klimchuk, who really is more of the same.

It would be stupid to trade Baertschi now.

I personally feel it would be a huge mistake to deal Klimchuk. I got to watch 4 games from him this year, and always had the same impression. One, you can tell he's an incredibly smart player, seriously he is always one of the smartest guys on the ice and as such I feel he has immense room for growth in his game if he puts all together. His size is average, but his frame is the type that can add weight, and not affect his game. He's an above average skater, has a great shot and hands, and his on ice awareness is excellent. Personally (and I know I'll be the only on here who feels this way), I think in time he's gonna be better than Sven. All players need athletic ability, he has that it factor in regards to his attitude. He's a really good kid, I have high expectations for him and I think he's so underrated on our boards, but I fully get why.

I think I usually have good instincts on these things. I was pumping Brodie's tires big time back in Jr, and got blasted for it. I was ridiculed for making Keith and Niedmeyer comparisons.

I also stated that I thought Gaudreau was a notch above Sven (along with Hudlinator) for a couple seasons now, and I have the same feeling about Klimchuk. I think this kid is gonna be a huge riser this year and will cement us in top 5 rankings along with our draft this season.

Last edited:

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I wouldn't be surprised if Klimchuk can play both wings anyway. He seems to be that type of utility player that can do it all. I think he may have played the RW at the U18's when he was on McDavid and Reinhart's line, IIRC.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I personally feel it would be a huge mistake to deal Klimchuk. I got to watch 4 games from him this year, and always had the same impression. One, you can tell he's an incredibly smart player, seriously he always one of the smartest guys on the ice and as such I feel he has immense room for growth in his game if he puts all together. His size is average, but his frame is the type that can add weight, and not affect his game. He's an above average skater, has a great shot and hands, and his on ice awareness is excellent. Personally (and I know I'll be the only on here who feels this way), I think in time he's gonna be better than Sven. All players need athletic ability, he has that it factor in regards to his attitude. He's a really good kid, I have expectations for him and I think he's so underrated on our boards, but I fully get why.

I think I usually have good instincts on these things. I was pumping Brodie's tires big time back in Jr, and got blasted for it. I was ridiculed for making Keith and Niedmeyer comparisons.

I also stated that I thought Gaudreau was a notch above Sven (along with Hudlinator) for a couple seasons now, and I have the same feeling about Klimchuk. I think this kid is gonna be a huge riser this year and will cement us in top 5 rankings along with our draft this season.
I agree, I think Klimchuk is a great prospect and can rise over Sven.

TheClassicK*

I assumed AFlames typoed while critiquing you so I was making fun of him. If his typos were intentional then I guess I'm a silly goose.

I didn't even notice the intentional typos you were making, my bad :laugh:

It was more directed at Mr. Adirondack Smartypants Flames who feels the need to be obnoxious at all times. I mean it's ridiculous, "avoid hurt feelings"? I hope the guy's joking to be honest.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I agree, I think Klimchuk is a great prospect and can rise over Sven.

He's not there yet, but if his health stays good next year, I think he'll have a dominant season. I think he's the type of player that doesn't know how good he is and he'll continually improve as he matures.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if Klimchuk can play both wings anyway. He seems to be that type of utility player that can do it all. I think he may have played the RW at the U18's when he was on McDavid and Reinhart's line, IIRC.
Klimchuk was LW, Sam was RW and McDavid centre I do believe.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
I personally feel it would be a huge mistake to deal Klimchuk. I got to watch 4 games from him this year, and always had the same impression. One, you can tell he's an incredibly smart player, seriously he is always one of the smartest guys on the ice and as such I feel he has immense room for growth in his game if he puts all together. His size is average, but his frame is the type that can add weight, and not affect his game. He's an above average skater, has a great shot and hands, and his on ice awareness is excellent. Personally (and I know I'll be the only on here who feels this way), I think in time he's gonna be better than Sven. All players need athletic ability, he has that it factor in regards to his attitude. He's a really good kid, I have high expectations for him and I think he's so underrated on our boards, but I fully get why.

I'm not saying we should trade any of these prospects (I don't think other names mentioned in this thread like Kanzig have any real trade value) but if I were to predict which valuable prospect has the best chance of being traded, I would say Klimchuk.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think we give our prospects another year before we draft them. I made the thread out of curiosity of what other Flames' fans think, but I think we are all on the same boat that we want our prospect pool to develop.

Please, please.... Let's address the RW/D depth in this draft, lots of good ones out there.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think we give our prospects another year before we draft them. I made the thread out of curiosity of what other Flames' fans think, but I think we are all on the same boat that we want our prospect pool to develop.

Please, please.... Let's address the RW/D depth in this draft, lots of good ones out there.

I'm actually not super worried about RW. We have Poirier, Colborne looked good on RW this year. Gaudreau can play RW and Klimchuk could probably develop over there as well.

But I agree with your comment. I'm hoping we land Ekblad, Sanheim/Dougherty and Hunter Smith in the first 2 rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad