What player today is most comparable to Adam Graves?

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Irvine was a third liner--a comparable today would be Dale Weise.

Gotta disagree here....yes, Teddy was a 3rd liner...but that third line was him, Stemmer and Bruce MacGregor....not a typical 3rd line....probably a higher line on the majority of teams in the league then. Teddy also filled in on the GAG line when either Gilbert or Hadfield was out.

He had a couple of 20 goal seasons....and was certainly tough....stepped up for his teammates often. I don't really see much of a parallel with Weise.

trench23

Aug 2, 2005
Wayne Simmonds for me. He is less of the 'pest', more a stand up for teammates kinda guy. is good around the front of the net- puts up good points as well. Doesn't necessarily drive the offense by himself, but a perfect wingman- and can fit in anywhere in the line up and be effective from the 1st to the 4th line. Could very well have the type of 1-2 season outliers of high-scoring seasons that gravey had.

I might get blasted for this one, but Scott Hartnell reminds me almost exactly of Graves, except a bit taller. Gravey had a better shot, but I'd say Hartnell has better hands and they play the same exact kind of game. Grinding power forwards with talent and are great in front and around the net. Hartnell was much more of a ****-disturber than Graves, but in terms of just playing the game itself, Hartnell to me is Graves with a couple of more inches.

Hartnell is actually a very likable guy off the ice as well. However, not many people compare to Adam Graves in terms of being a genuinely great person.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
I think Vickers is a good comparison. Good fighters but not dirty, scored but not one dimensional, and unfortunately, significantly declined before their time.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I think Vickers is a good comparison. Good fighters but not dirty, scored but not one dimensional, and unfortunately, significantly declined before their time.

I thought Vickers was a far superior fighter to Graves. Vickers was feared.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad