What music have you been listening to lately ?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I have a question for the grey beards out there
50+++ lol

What do you think and Greta Van Fleet ?
My old timer buddy , music lover , but hates anything new unfortunately lol
He despises them
I kinda always say , at least they don’t sound like anything new on the radio
I don’t mind them
His voice kinda get to me , but I dont mind them
Way better than regular radio play now

I like them, very zeppelin sounding, but they are still young

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I think there dad was into zeppelin big time and all they listened to was zeppelin when they were young
Probably?
I always say
If I was a agent or producer , I would have these new bands cover classic 50s 60s and or 70s bands more obscure songs or nuggets as a initial release of early song
There are so many to choose from

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
So cool
I posted on the other thread earlier
We used to go to CBGBs every 3-4 months or so and great punk scene in Hamilton
I never been there, but I did have a group of punkers I new well and hung out with them sometimes, they all had there own individual band and look they were into lol

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Probably?
I always say
If I was a agent or producer , I would have these new acts cover classic 50s 60s and or 70s bands more obscure songs or nuggets as a initial release of early song
There are so many to choose from

a couple years ago I came across there music and researched them a bit, they have a couple pretty cool songs, i think this is there newest one

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I have a nice old school punk rock playlist downloaded to my phone, the Clash London calling is a beauty of an album , lots of clash songs, pistols, ramones, the jam, buzzcocks, etc

Oh man, I love DK! I recently found out that I work with a guy who knows Biafra so well (from his father) that his family spent a week or two, in the summers growing up, at his home in LA! Crazy.

As a young teen skateboarder in the mid to late 80s, I really got into hardcore. Agnostic Front (hence my name), DRI, Crumbsuckers, Youth of Today, Misfits, Cro-Mags, COC and others. Growing up in Ottawa, we had this awesome hardcore band that we'd all go to see live: Grave Concern. Crazy shows.....people jumping off the stage, 5 at a time, because it was the 80's and there were no rules. LOL Here is the first album and a live show from 1989 (I was in the audience).

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Oh man, I love DK! I recently found out that I work with a guy who knows Biafra so well (from his father) that his family spent a week or two, in the summers growing up, at his home in LA! Crazy.

As a young teen skateboarder in the mid to late 80s, I really got into hardcore. Agnostic Front (hence my name), DRI, Crumbsuckers, Youth of Today, Misfits, Cro-Mags, COC and others. Growing up in Ottawa, we had this awesome hardcore band that we'd all go to see live: Grave Concern. Crazy shows.....people jumping off the stage, 5 at a time, because it was the 80's and there were no rules. LOL Here is the first album and a live show from 1989 (I was in the audience).

Very very cool

MVPMatthews

Feb 11, 2021
For all the old heads out there.. recently got my parents into 'The War on Drugs". Great band with a more classic 70s/80s sound

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Some of my favourite punk bands in the early days
Just a few off the top of my head
There was so much more , incredible time in music and culture
Ramones
Black flag
Stooges
DK
Buzzcocks
NY dolls
The Damned
Bad Brains
The Jam
Richard Hell
Mc5
Television
Cramps
Stranglers
Dictators
On and on and on
One of the great great kicks in the teeth sound and feel that ever occurred in the music industry was Punk!!!
I wish for another earth shattering altering all out war and chaos on music today , but I doubt it the last time that happened was Grunge ....

Last edited:

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Some of my favourite punk bands in the early days
Just a few off the top of my head
There was so much more , incredible time in music and culture
Ramones
Black flag
Stooges
DK
Buzzcocks
NY dolls
The Damned
Bad Brains
The Jam
Richard Hell
Mc5
Television
Cramps
Stranglers
Dictators
On and on and on
One of the great great kicks in the teeth sound and feel that ever occurred in the music industry was Punk!!!
I wish for another earth shattering altering all out war and chaos on music today , but I doubt it the last time that happened was Grunge ....
Television and MC5, good stuff man :D

I'm sad I never got to live through these eras of music, I always wished I was born in the 50s LOL

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I like them, very zeppelin sounding, but they are still young

I'm not sure the "but" is needed - what's wrong with sounding like Zeppelin?

I remember reading something someone wrote about the first Rush album and it said something like "people criticize them for sounding too much like Zeppelin (as if that's a bad thing)" and that's sort of how I feel. Zeppelin is awesome, nothing wrong with sounding like them. And that first Rush album is my favourite but that's just my taste, prefer that sound to the stuff they did later (which was of course great and I liked much of that as well).

Def . I like that they homage in a respectful way
At least they are trying to make rock music

I dunno about respectful homage. IIRC they were asked about sounding a lot like another famous band and they pretended like they had no idea who they were talking about. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Agree that it's cool that they are making rock music, wish there was more of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad