What Junior Level should I play?

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I'm a first line forward on a 15U AA (but AAA caliber) team in Sarnia. I was wondering what level I could be playing at in Ontario in a few years. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Should go watch some Legionnaires games and then hop over to Petrolia or Mooretown to see some POJHL. Sit as close to ice level as you can to get a handle on the size and game speed. Sign up for some spring camps for the summer after your U16 year, see where it goes. Might be better off playing U18 for the Junior Sting if that's an option.

Keep in mind that these teams only have a limited number of U17 spots.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Buckley Adams

Jan 10, 2022
I would say try and work hard to get into the GoJHL its a Jr B league only because Jr A is not available in that south western Ontario area. Work on your speed and stick handling and hockey IQ. Mackenzie Weegar was playing u15AA in ottawa, he went undrafted to the O, undrafted to the NHL, and now is a Florida Panthers Dman. .... Listen - its going to be hard work, your desire will need to overcome great adversity, but believe in yourself, work your ass off and worker harder than anyone on the ice. the GoJHL would be a good league to get into, but maybe after a year of u18.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If you're not playing AAA in your age 15 season, then you're looking at another year of Minor Hockey for sure, and then maybe Junior B or C. You should try to play AAA next year. Even a money grubbing lousy AAA team that could be worse than a solid and quality AA team, but the AAA team is at least still going up against better competition and the money grubbing AAA teams won't play quality AA competition and potentially lose and then the jig is up... Unfortunately, the proliferation of money grubbing lousy AAA teams means that quality AA teams suffer as well because there just isn't a lot of good competition left over by AA as parents all rush to pay exorbitant fees to get their kid on an "AAA" team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad