Are we having fun yet?
So much fun

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
Brutal series by the Jets, they just could not handle Colorado's high powered offense.

You can't give up 28 goals in 5 games and expect to win the series. Game 1 was a fluke (a wildly entertaining one though!)

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
The expectations are quite high when 9 points in 5 games is being average or below average

It's just because Mack wasn't dominant shift to shift like he's capable of. It just takes one good rush and some PP time and suddenly he's got 2 points on the board. The points will always be there for Mack and Rants but they're capable of being much better.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's not strange that Avs fans weren't optimistic going into the playoffs.

1. Some unfortunate injuries to O'Connor, Girard and Drouin late in the season.
  2. Georgiev was atrocious the last three weeks of the regular season, with a sv% of .855 during that stretch. He looked overplayed.
  3. Jets played Avs well during the regular season and Avs were trending downwards last month, losing home advantage.

Reactions: GeoRox89

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Feels like a window closing for the Jets. Roster is in a weird spot with Scheifele and Hellebuyck extensions kicking in from now until the end of time.

Reactions: Summer Rose

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Brutal series by the Jets, they just could not handle Colorado's high powered offense.

You can't give up 28 goals in 5 games and expect to win the series. Game 1 was a fluke (a wildly entertaining one though!)

Offense yes, but the Jets were overwhelmed by the Avs’ speed and intensity level. It’s transition, it’s getting to lose pucks leading to more possession, it’s getting back on defense, it’s taking space away at the defensive end, it’s having a more effective forecheck.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's just because Mack wasn't dominant shift to shift like he's capable of. It just takes one good rush and some PP time and suddenly he's got 2 points on the board. The points will always be there for Mack and Rants but they're capable of being much better.

They can play better, but it’s tough to expect them to score more actual points

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Jets must do something. I think this was a bigger killer than flames vs. oilers and you've seen how markstrom and the flames ended up.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The Jets have kinda always been a team that would go as far as Helle would carry them. He obviously had a great regular season that papered over some flaws with the Jets. Their defense wasn't quite as advertised.

It's a tough strategy to be that reliant on one guy. One non-elite week and you're golfing. It'll be interesting to see what they do from here. You can't expect another Vezina season from Helly next year, but without it, I think they're going to be fighting just to land a WC spot next season.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I gotta say this as well, the Jets crowd which is always hyped on here and in the media, was mid at best. For an arena that's supposedly one of the hardest places to play as a road team, they were not very loud at all. Especially in what was a close game until midway thru the 3rd.

By comparison, the playoff game I went to in 2018 felt like the roof was gunna explode off the building, and that was an elimination game 5 as well. But last night could've been a regular season game if I didn't know better.

I cant say what it was like for games 1 & 2. But its almost like deep down even the biggest Jets homers knew they were frauds before this one even started.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Feels like a window closing for the Jets. Roster is in a weird spot with Scheifele and Hellebuyck extensions kicking in from now until the end of time.
The window was never open. They lack a true 1C that real contenders have. The defence as a unit is massively overrated

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad