what is your team's biggest concern heading into playoffs?

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Canucks - ability to handle tougher defenses (haven't fared well against teams like LA and Vegas in recent matchups, could result in an early exit)

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
For the Rangers the #1 issue is the usage of Trouba vs Fox. The coach needs to realize that Fox is THE guy and should be deployed against the opposing team's best line instead of Trouba (who was embarrassed by Crosby not too long ago).

Mika and his line need to improve 5v5 and Panarin needs to show up but I'm less concerned about these things compared to the Trouba issue. He seems like a good guy and is probably a good captain but his defensive game is just not as good as I think a lot of people believe it is.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
For Colorado, a visual aid:

1712599572664.png

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Vegas' goalies can't stay healthy/consistent. Hill came back from an extended injury and played so well people, even outside Vegas, wondered if he could contend for a Vezina (but most felt he wouldn't have enough games played). Then his game completely tanked to the point that I'd put around 4-5 losses being directly impacted by Hill not making 1-3 very stoppable saves, but Vegas kept starting him hoping he'd turn it around and he got injured again. Logan Thompson stepped in and played a stretch of really good games, but the last two were pretty rough and he left a recent practice with what Cassidy called a non-serious injury. Either way, unless one of these two guys seriously locks in, I see it as a big issue going into the playoffs.

Vegas as a team has had a big issue with third period effort. I think, in general, the team has had a weird game approach all year where they have this air about them like if they play a highly technical and responsible style of hockey, they'll simply out talent/out sophisticate their opponents, but that hasn't always carried with it a gameday approach of outbattling their opponents. The Vancouver and Arizona games are bigger examples of the Knights just taking their foot off the gas with a lead in the third period. Vancouver didn't make them pay for it but the Coyotes sure as shit did with that 6 goal period.

As a whole, I feel like age is starting to catch up with some of their veterans like Martinez and Pietrangelo. I don't expect a follow up run this year to be as defensively tight as it was last year.

Then there's the issue that Vegas hasn't even locked in a spot just yet. They could still lose out and concede their spot.

I’m about 98% here. I’d add the PP, overall endurance and chemistry post-trades to Marty/Pedro and goaltending.

While I think more is on their side than against, more things have to go right for them to be a wagon and fewer things have to go wrong to make them wither.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
For the Rangers the #1 issue is the usage of Trouba vs Fox. The coach needs to realize that Fox is THE guy and should be deployed against the opposing team's best line instead of Trouba (who was embarrassed by Crosby not too long ago).

Mika and his line need to improve 5v5 and Panarin needs to show up but I'm less concerned about these things compared to the Trouba issue. He seems like a good guy and is probably a good captain but his defensive game is just not as good as I think a lot of people believe it is.
Shhhh. We need to trade him in a year or two.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Can’t take the ex-wife’s word for it, just bear in mind i am not attractive or wealthy and we had 3 kids, and she is a hot blonde with natural Ds

Thumping dudes into next year is indeed a valuable, proven playoff skill

blink twice if this was your wife while you posted that

1712601027221.png

• Haha
Reactions: HolyHagelin

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Our stars showing up and showing the world that they actually want it.

This is the most physical leafs team i have seen since the early 2000s. the D is finally imposing and will make forwards think twice about being to cute while entering the zone/standing in front of the net.

But if the stars turtle then were screwed.

also Keefe galaxy braining it

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Canucks - ability to handle tougher defenses (haven't fared well against teams like LA and Vegas in recent matchups, could result in an early exit)
Yep. Their hot start papered over an issue that has been evident all season: They don't create enough offense via quality scoring chances.

They are way too reliant on spraying point shots and hoping for the deflection or rebound.

Reactions: hn777

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Shhhh. We need to trade him in a year or two.
Haha, preferably sooner if there's a taker.

He also took a bad high-sticking penalty when he got beat (again) on defense against the Red Wings (I think) the other day.

If he was getting paid a lot less and wasn't the captain, it would be an easier situation to deal with. Hopefully he can get his game together and make a few big hits to keep the other team honest but I have my doubts.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
According to our coach Czarnik should be a top 6C

Petry will be in the lineup, and for some unknown reason top 4

The team goes as far as Larkin, Seider, Kane and to a smaller extent Raymond can deliver

Lyon is either really really good or really really bad. There’s very little middle ground.

That’s if we even make it in the first place

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
For the jets:

Will we get good Mark Shuffles or "I'm just going to take it easy" Mark Shuffles. As he goes, the jets go.

Will hellebuyck be the best player on the ice?

Will Vilardi throw his back out brushing his teeth before game 1?

Essential questions. Jets second half has been pretty lackluster.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Bottom line, goaltending for almost everyone.
almost

My biggest concern is deployment of defensemen. Right now we are playing two, Trouba & Lindgren, who are having a tough time. And we have a better option, Jones, who will probably sit.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
:canes

-Everyone stay healthy
-All hands on deck (aka everyone needs to contribute on the scoresheet, can't just have the Aho line do the scoring)
-Win on the road would ya please?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad