What is your other team?

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Ok, with Vegas being an expansion team and assuming that most people here are not altogether new to hockey, I think it would give some perspective on each others views if we know what other team we follow. So, what is your other team? How long have you been a fan of them and how much are you still a fan of that team?

For me, It's the Vancouver Canucks. I have been a fan since the early days in the 1970's and went to some games with my father as a child, however, the 1982 playoffs is when I became a bonafide Canuck fan. I watched the "Towel Power" days of Roger Neilson and had King Richard Brodeur in the goal. Since then, we've had the Linden/Bure/McLean era which ended with the New York Rangers beating us in the SCF - game 7. And on with the Naslund/Bertuzzi era that was thrown away with Dan Cloutier in our goal. The Sedin/Kesler /Luongo era also ended in tears in game 7 Vs. the Bruins.

Being a Canuck fan is tough business, certainly not for the weak. They are generally the most reviled team in the league, not only from fans, but by the press, HNIC and NHL itself and Canuck Luck always seems to drop at the worst times. I am still a big time Canuck fan, but I watch more Knights games these days and generally speed watch Canuck games on PVR (same general time zone).

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
There are no longer any other teams.

I had a decade plus to prepare for this, though.

I thought I’d still watch the Hawks, but them sucking this year has made that easy to avoid.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I am SharkKnight.

shark_knight_by_saintwho-d4i39sv.png
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: LadyStanley

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Hockey is one of the few hobbies I have. My other teams are the Sharks (former season ticket holder), the Avs (current hometown team) and the DU Pioneers (college hockey at the highest level is really awesome without the fighting and manhood battles). I can say I hate games between "my" teams, feels dirty when its over so I have intentionally avoided those games. Like literally hard to watch.

Kind of fearing a VGK/SJ playoff series but if it happens I'll hope its round 2 and pull for the Knights and be happy I'll have a team with a real shot at something.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Islanders. First game I remember watching was Isles/Flyers in ‘79. I was 3 years old. Billy Smith was the reason I became a goalie.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
NY Rangers. Started watching when I was 7 in '79 when they went to the Finals against Montreal. Became a diehard around 83-84.

We broke your hearts in Game 7 in '94. I was lucky enough to be at the game. The way it looks, it could be another 40 years before the Rangers win again.

Watching the Knights has been really enjoyable since I had absolutely no expectations for them. Watching the Rangers the past 35 years has been way more maddening than it has been rewarding. :eyeroll:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
My dream 2018 Stanley Cup Finals Game 7:

:caps at :vegas

OV scores the OT winner! (sorry but I've been a Caps fan since Langway in '82)
but the Vegas home crowd gives their team a 45-minute standing ovation!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The Conn Smythe trophy goes to Nate Schmidt! (it sometimes goes to a player on the losing team).

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Ottawa...

Been a fan for ~15 years and I’m 28 years old. :cool:

Grew up playing / living in Washington State. Popular choice was the Canucks, but I wasn’t interested.

I think it was NHL2003 on the PS1 where I saw Ottawa’s jerseys for the first time. Just said screw it, they are my team.

I’m a 60-40 Knights fan, though I’ve been on the Sens board a lot recently with all the drama going on there. It’s like a car crash you can’t look away from. :popcorn::help:

Reactions: hangman005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad