OT: What is your ethnicity?

What is your ethnicity?

• Total voters

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
My parents were both born in Italy. I was born in Canada and now live in the US. Call me a mutt?

tony-fuggedaboutit.jpg

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
There are a ton of posters on here who have said that they are Indian or Pakistani or Punjabi I feel like they must not be responding to the poll

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Not sure if my Ukrainian grandparents parents were born in Canada or not, my grandparents were born post WW1 in Manitoba, pretty sure at least one of their parents was from Ukraine. Wish I knew the language, as even my Mom only knows the basic. I just remember hearing my grandparents argue in Ukrainian!
Awesome!
Yeah, I grew up doing the whole Ukrainian dancing, stuck going to Ukrainian school on Saturdays... I don't speak it as much since my wife isn't Ukrainian (well her dad was quarter) but more Polish. Slowly losing it but I can get by
You guys do the two Christmas' too? That was the best part growing up as a kid haha

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Hellenic Athenian. My wife is Armenian, so our kids have some really ancient genes.
Landed in Athens on Sunday July 22nd 2018 and stayed at foot of Acropolis for 5 days ... spent Monday all day on top of it and saw/smelled lots of smoke from east ... got back to hotel around 5 after withstanding 48 degree day and heat drenched me ... then flipped on TV and heard of terrible wildfire in Mati ... then turned on cell phone and texts from everyone asking if we were ok when i figured it must be huge to garner CNN coverage ... kinda put a bad feel on Athens for me although people were great but very very sad ... I could not believe that could happen in oldest city in da world ... still can't believe it TBH over a hundred dead

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Proud to be an American (albeit one who cheers for the Leafs), of Scottish and German descent

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Mothers side French Canadian, fathers side British and I was raised by wolves

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Second generation Canadian born and raised in the GTA with parents of French and Spanish descent.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Canadian

All of my grandparents were born in Canada. My great grandparents on my mothers side were born in Finland. Theyre the most recent "new Canadians" in my family. My dads side is a mix of English, Irish, and other european countries.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Landed in Athens on Sunday July 22nd 2018 and stayed at foot of Acropolis for 5 days ... spent Monday all day on top of it and saw/smelled lots of smoke from east ... got back to hotel around 5 after withstanding 48 degree day and heat drenched me ... then flipped on TV and heard of terrible wildfire in Mati ... then turned on cell phone and texts from everyone asking if we were ok when i figured it must be huge to garner CNN coverage ... kinda put a bad feel on Athens for me although people were great but very very sad ... I could not believe that could happen in oldest city in da world ... still can't believe it TBH over a hundred dead
It was nuts! I was there in August of 2018. Incredible how that fire spread so quickly. People couldn't even get to the beach in time and the town wasn't that far from the beach. Sad.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Spargon

May 31, 2019
4th gen Canadian dad side is Scottish, we thought my moms side was Irish until my Aunt visited Ireland and couldn't find any heritage stuff because turns out they were kicked out of Scotland and went to Ireland after. Not sure how you get kicked out of Scotland but apparently my family did it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad