Value of: What is W. Nylander's realistic value?

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
I keep seeing Leafs fans saying "not available", but if the Leafs get JT, who is the best D they could get for Willy? If it was up to me, I'd be sending Nylander + 2019 1st (possibly more?) to STL for Parayko and wouldn't hang up until STL accepted.

Reactions: jetsforever

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
You're not adding assets on top of Nylander for Parayko. That's overvaluing him.
Maybe I do overvalue Parayko, but the Leafs need someone to play with Rielly. I like Nylander and would like to keep him, but if he goes towards securing a top RD then it's worth overpaying IMO. What would you think is fair value for Parayko?

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
You're not adding assets on top of Nylander for Parayko. That's overvaluing him.
I think your over valuing Nylander a top pairing RHD with size and mobility is worth more then Nylander and a late 1st. Nylander is not even a centre might become one as I know he has in past but currently in NHL he's a winger and sorry he's not near value of a 1 RHD. The 1st would be a 20-25 pick at best with Toronto trending up and certainly adding Parayko.

Reactions: MFSUPERVILL4IN

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Putting the cart before the horse here.

N.Y. lander is a core player here. Not even sure that if we can snag Tavares, that Nylander even then becomes expendable.
Ok but how do you lock him, Marner and Matthews down long term if you sign JT for 10M+? Of the three, losing Nylander would probably hurt the least. In a perfect world, the Leafs could have all 4

Reactions: haveandare

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I think your over valuing Nylander a top pairing RHD with size and mobility is worth more then Nylander and a late 1st. Nylander is not even a centre might become one as I know he has in past but currently in NHL he's a winger and sorry he's not near value of a 1 RHD. The 1st would be a 20-25 pick at best with Toronto trending up and certainly adding Parayko.

I don't value Parayko as a top pairing RHD. Maybe one day. He hasn't performed that way yet.

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
I keep seeing Leafs fans saying "not available", but if the Leafs get JT, who is the best D they could get for Willy? If it was up to me, I'd be sending Nylander + 2019 1st (possibly more?) to STL for Parayko and wouldn't hang up until STL accepted.

Nylander's value in the regular season or in the playoffs?

Scared Kitten Playoffs Nylander™ will get you a conditional 7th. Maybe. From Garth Snow. Or Mike Milbury.

Reactions: DKH

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Ok but how do you lock him, Marner and Matthews down long term if you sign JT for 10M+? Of the three, losing Nylander would probably hurt the least. In a perfect world, the Leafs could have all 4

This has been worked out ad nauseam. It's completely do-able at the cost of being able to add a marquee defenseman.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'm a huge Parayko fan but you should look at his stats over the last two years before you offer Nylander + 1st.

Reactions: therealkoho

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
If Leafs sign JT which I don't think they need but they could run all four this year and then trade one of Nylander or Marner next season. The cap would work for this year.

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Ok there's lots of people telling me my evaluation of Nylander/Parayko is wrong. How about you do what the title says and give me a realistic value instead of just arguing about how bad Nylander is in the playoffs, or how Parayko isn't a #1.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'd like to see the Flames put together a deal for Nylander. Toronto needs to improve their defense and we're blessed in that department.
Assuming that Mark Giordano, Noah Hanifin, and prospect Juuso Valimaki are untouchable, that leaves the following d-men (listed in order of value):

Travis Hamonic
TJ Brodie
Michael Stone
Rasmus Anderson
Brett Kulak
Oliver Kylington

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ok there's lots of people telling me my evaluation of Nylander/Parayko is wrong. How about you do what the title says and give me a realistic value instead of just arguing about how bad Nylander is in the playoffs, or how Parayko isn't a #1.
Hanifin?

Parayko level once he has a full-season at center.

Reactions: CromLeafsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad