What is the identity of the Flames without Gaudreau?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I doubt he leaves. He looks happy. He’s going to get paid. He’s doing commercials on the radio.

if he does we’re getting a solid diet of ninth in the west. You know there’s still enough talent on this roster that Sutter will keep the team competitive.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Sign him no matter what the cost.

Time to get creative and rethink how to dump other contracts. No one should be off the table.

Except Gaudreau.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Welcome to hf btw! A stunning 2 new members in a week!

Their identity is me not paying to watch them if they let Gaudreau walk lol.

That's a really good take actually.

Johnny is one of the few players the Flames have ever had where I'm like, we lost yeah, but Johnny was sure flying! I mean his skill-set is worth the price of admission every game it's that simple. We lose 6 to 4 and Johnny gets a goal and two assists and I'm literally not that mad. It still gives me something to watch in the game highlights and on the stats pages. That shit matters. His endless highlights offset a shit-load of pain.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Sorry to triple post, but Johnny can make a good centre and opposite winger out of any first to third line player. I mean you can get rid of some salary plain and simple. I love Chucky but he's not nearly the same guy as Johnny no matter how good has looked and how many points he piles up. You just can't replace superstar and that's what we have in Gaudreau. I'd seriously be inclined to shop around Backlund and a bunch of other salaries to make room for Johnny's raise.

CF Magic

Jan 30, 2022
Calgary
Watching Tkachuk muck it up is solid entertainment value especially on a Saturday night HNIC atmosphere, but Gaudreau definitely fills seats with highlight plays even if they don't result in goals. No disrespect to the goat Iggy either, but it's not like every shift was a must watch for him. It definitely matters to fans having an entertaining product on the ice.

How often on a coffee break do you hear "Whooa did you see that backcheck by Lindholm on that 2 on 1 last night? Absolutely nuts how he broke it up!!"

Reactions: deleted user

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Calgary Flames Hockey Club basically turns into Calgary Flames Stick Puck Group if Johnny Hockey walks in FA.

I think we'd basically turn into CBJ if that happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad