What is the f***ing plan here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
All depends on who goes out, really. If Brassard, Hoffman, Smith, and Pageau are all traded, then yeah, it's a full-on tear down and Karlsson is likely traded too. But I'm guessing they will try to be competitive next season.

Reactions: Cosmix and pzeeman

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I would be shock if Hoffman is traded, is still has 2 years left and hes one of our top forward. Brassard, Pageau and Smith will probably be moved.

Reactions: Alex1234

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
We're rebuilding without a first next season?

Are you suggesting the Senators go for broke next season, because they don't have a 2019 1st round pick?

Are you suggesting they give this year's first to Colorado, and keep 2019's?

Or are you saying it is an absolute necessity to have a first round pick for the 2019 draft, to carry out re-build?

Or, are you saying Dorion needs to make a trade, to acquire a first rounder for 2019, or else the sky will fall?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
rat-in-a-maze-picture-id128554682

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
People get so hung up on having 1st to rebuild... hitting on an impact talent is nice but you need depth.

You can quickly rebuild around Karlsson, Duchene and Stone with the right moves

Trading Hoffman, Brassard, Dzingle, Ceci, Ryan, Pageau, Smith, Anderson (bet ya the Islanders would take him)

It can be rebuilt quickly

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Give it till after the deadline, it should be more clear. While I question the Phaneuf move, I don't see much point in jumping to any conclusions atm.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think Dorion has a vision of that perfect team that exists wholly within his own mind:

But seriously, if they keep Hoffman, it means they are actually going to try to stay out of the lottery next season.

If they trade him, then it's going to be interesting.

Reactions: Sensung

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I mean, we could make stuff up and freak out now, or we could be patient and see how things unfold towards the deadline and beyond it.

It's choose you're own adventure....

Make what up? We're one of the worst teams in the league (while trying to compete), and the entire organization is in discord.

There has been rumours of one of our most skilled players being shopped and the franchise player has a contract that expires in a little more than a year.

Reactions: lancepitlick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad