What is the chance Anaheim will trade up to get Ladd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I've read a great deal of the banter between the two sides of whether Ladd feeds off Getzlaf or if Getzlaf feeds off Ladd. In reality, its probably somewhere in the mdidle, but that's not what I'm concerned about.

There has been a great deal of hype surrounding the two of them as a combination.

Is there a chance do you think that ANaheim will make an effort on Draft Day to trade up to ensure they get Andrew Ladd?

Thanks.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It's a shame to see that alot of Getzlaf's success is credited to his linemates. Last year it was the Sjostrom made him better, and he wasn't much more than a third line center. Now he owns the Dub(best PPG), and people are saying he feeds off of Ladd. Getzlaf is just that good. If anything, Ladd feeds off of him. I know you didn't really suggest that, but to clear it up, Getzlaf definetely does not feed off of Ladd.

As for Anaheim trading up for him, I doubt it. Ladd-Getzlaf-Lupul would make a killer first line in a few years, with Chistov-Brent-Perry being the second line, but Murray likely won't trade up to get him. I could see him trading with Florida in a picks swap, but I really can't see him going higher than that. If Ladd's not around then, then so be it.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
ducksflytogether said:
with Chistov-Brent-Perry being the second line.

I don't even think I can count up to the number of goals that line would give up. I agree with you about the probability of trading up for Ladd being pretty small.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
10.16.1974 said:
I don't even think I can count up to the number of goals that line would give up. I agree with you about the probability of trading up for Ladd being pretty small.

I called that line the "Steve Rucchin" line, as he was the Ducks' #1 center by default for so long, and that would be the line that is second by practically default. Brent would provide defense on that line.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I don't think the chances are all that good of the Ducks trading up to get Ladd. Three teams - Columbus, Phoenix and the Rangers are all supposedly high on the kid, so most likely, the Ducks will have to get to # 3, the B'Hawks spot. Even if Chicago was willing to drop to # 9, my guess is that the price would be quite high.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
jas said:
I don't think the chances are all that good of the Ducks trading up to get Ladd. Three teams - Columbus, Phoenix and the Rangers are all supposedly high on the kid, so most likely, the Ducks will have to get to # 3, the B'Hawks spot. Even if Chicago was willing to drop to # 9, my guess is that the price would be quite high.

If the Ducks traded up for the #3 pick, they would pick Cam Barker, or I, and probably every other Duck fan, would lose all faith I had in Bryan Murray.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
to DUCKSFLY TOGETHER:

Ducksflytogether: I see you have Corry Perry's picture on your profile, who would you compare him to in todays NHL (best and worst case scenario)????

And where and when do you think he will fit into the Ducks plan?

IMO he has playmaking ability close to Jason Spezza, but not quite as good. I've seen him set up many highlight reel goals and score some unbelievable goals as well the past 2 years in London. Its a shame he didn't play for Canada at the WJC, he deserved to be on that team.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Ducksflytogether: I see you have Corry Perry's picture on your profile, who would you compare him to in todays NHL (best and worst case scenario)????

And where and when do you think he will fit into the Ducks plan?

IMO he has playmaking ability close to Jason Spezza, but not quite as good. I've seen him set up many highlight reel goals and score some unbelievable goals as well the past 2 years in London. Its a shame he didn't play for Canada at the WJC, he deserved to be on that team.

Best case scenario, he builds up and becomes a Martin Havlat-type player. Worst case scenario, he ends up like Smirnov(bust).

Lupul is groomed for first line right wing, so he should fit in well at second line RW.

Really, I put his pic in my avatar because he signed on with the Cincy Ducks, and I said that the Ads would feel the wrath of Perry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad