What is Jarome Iginla's worth under the NHLPA's agreement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
kerrly said:
The restraint was there because they were planning on this lockout and needed a war chest. There will be no way to stop the rich teams from spening, especially with a joke of a luxury tax, and the roll-back freeing up more room to spend. A system where counting on the onwers to show restraint is far too risky to the game. If you fully expect that the owners will show restraint if they accepted this deal and not overspend, then why wouldn't you want a system that wouldn't allow this to happen. Its the same thing that you're expecting. And also the system has alot to do with why teams the league is where it is. Different teams have different budgets and therefore can afford to pay more for a player than other teams can. A major overhaul has to be made to arbitration, and qualifying offers. All it takes is for one team to start spending under this proposed system and it ruins it for every team. Not even close enough to being capable system for me, and anyone else who actually understands the problem.

Very good post :handclap:

YellHockey*

The Iconoclast said:
Seems you're still waiting for your lunch bill. You are aware that Iginla is borderline for 10 years of service.

He's got 8 seasons now.

If this season counts (which I'm sure the PA will demand and recieve) and Iginla sits out next season he will have fulfilled the 10 years of service and be able to claim UFA status.

Are you on hard drugs? How does sitting out a year count as a year of service?

And since when did players making more then the league average get UFA status after 10 years of service.

I'm probably waiting for my lunch bill because instead of bringing it to me you've skipped out on your McJob to shoot some smack.

You assume that Agents are idiots who don't study these things and know every loophole to exploit. Iginla's agent is one of the best in the business and will exploit every crack in the system to extort as much cash out of the system as he can.

You're assuming that the GM's are idiots who don't study these things and know every loophole to exploit. Sutter is one of the best in the business and will exploit every crack in the system to save as much cashas he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad