What is it that made Magnus Paajarvi bust?

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
It was a high-risk, high-reward pick. He had all the tools but never truly had shown that he could put them together.

He wasn't really rushed the same way Gagner/Cogs/etc.. were.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
He has 2 things going for him. He's big, and he's fast. He never uses either of those things to his advantage. He's even a mediocre forechecker, something you'd think would be the bare minimum for anyone with speed and size. His hands are so bad he makes Cam Janssen look like Patrick Kane. His offensive instincts are non-existant. He has no idea what to do with the puck when he finds it on his stick. He's not an NHL player unfortunately.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Doesn't have good puck skills and bad hockey IQ in the offensive zone.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
This.

MPS was a very passive player. He had good tools but didn't use them effectively.

Yeah,someone else said it above. He doesn't use his size and speed. he could drive to the net, but he always just floats a muffin from outside. He doesn't have NHL level "compete."

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So, so frustrating though.

He's got speed, size and a great release on his shot. And a number of his NHL goals have been scored in the paint. He just doesn't consistently put it all together.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Never used his size to his advantage and it drove me nuts when he was an Oiler.

I still have a soft spot for him and wish he'd have gotten it together somewhere. It's a shame, but I feel at this point it really is all on him and nobody else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad