What is hurling?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
A cross between throwing up and curling?

No lol. Its literally played on a field. No idea they hosted a tournament at Fenway this past weekend. I only know about it because a sports show, showed a clip on it today. However the clip they showed, showed no action of the sport just a fight that broke out by the teams lol

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
No lol. Its literally played on a field. No idea they hosted a tournament at Fenway this past weekend. I only know about it because a sports show, showed a clip on it today. However the clip they showed, showed no action of the sport just a fight that broke out by the teams lol

I found a video on youtube of it. Looks like a combination of field hockey, lacrosse and rubgy.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

I found a video on youtube of it. Looks like a combination of field hockey, lacrosse and rubgy.

Lmfao this is actually kinda cool. I wish I could play this. You could even throw in some football I suppose. The fact you can pick the ball out of the air with your hands. Did that one guy throw the ball into the net? Lol

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If any of you guys ever get a chance to watch an All-Ireland Hurling Final (Early September every year.) do it!

Especially if the finalists include two of Kilkenny, Cork & Tipperary...

just a great sporting event.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
If any of you guys ever get a chance to watch an All-Ireland Hurling Final (Early September every year.) do it!

Especially if the finalists include two of Kilkenny, Cork & Tipperary...

just a great sporting event.

Might have to look for a stream next year. If only I got NESN. They apparently broadcasted whatever tournament was in Boston last weekend. I think its annual?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I saw this sport on setanta TV a few years back on a free preview.

It definitely captured my attention, not only for the entertainment but also because I couldn't believe guys weren't getting destroyed by wayward clubs/sticks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad