What is going on with these players in the WHL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Dwight King and Brett Leffler. Are they not playing up to expectations...or is their ice time really down...or what is going on. I have not got to see them play this year but both were highly highly touted prospects andthey are not really producing like I thought they would be....just thought I would find out why since I have not seen this year yet, but last year both looked really darn good and I thought both would be around the 40 point mark to 50 point mark this year.

Brandon Sutter, Thomas Hickey and Dryson Bowman are really playing well though for players from the 2004 WHL draft.

Also what are players like John Negrin, Matt Sokol, and Colton Gillies playing like??

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
Colton Gillies

Colton is playing some great hockey this year. Early on this season and for about the first 23 out of 26 games he was seeing 4th line duty due in large part to the Blades coaching staff bringing him along slowly and also due to the fact that the Blades boast some very good depth on offence. However, Colton is a very fluid skater and is built somewhat like a Mike Modano. Colton is 6'3 and still quite skinny but has loads of talent and should develop production wise simular to Devin Setoguchi. Many still feel he is the odds on favorite to be a Top pick in his draft year. He will really leave a mark and currently has 4-4-8 pts in 24 games. Not bad for seeing no PP time and 4th line duty. Will be a great player ala Mike Modano.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
WHL Follower said:
Colton is playing some great hockey this year. Early on this season and for about the first 23 out of 26 games he was seeing 4th line duty due in large part to the Blades coaching staff bringing him along slowly and also due to the fact that the Blades boast some very good depth on offence. However, Colton is a very fluid skater and is built somewhat like a Mike Modano. Colton is 6'3 and still quite skinny but has loads of talent and should develop production wise simular to Devin Setoguchi. Many still feel he is the odds on favorite to be a Top pick in his draft year. He will really leave a mark and currently has 4-4-8 pts in 24 games. Not bad for seeing no PP time and 4th line duty. Will be a great player ala Mike Modano.

Any info on Zdenek Bahensky? Any info would be much appreciated. :)

Transported Upstater

Puckz said:
I believe 2nd overall in '04 draft right behind Ryan Kerr who was picked by the Prince George Cougars.

Didn't Prince George want to pick him 1st, but Gillies was hesitant on playing there?

GBG BLEED BLUE

Jun 8, 2005
Saskatoon,Sask
www.whlfans.ca
well

FLYLine88 said:

Zdenek Bahensky has played well as the Saskatoon Blades Czech Import. He has 10 goals, 17 assists for 27 points, so far this season and is a +6. One interesting fact about him is that every time Bahensky scored a goal for the team,the Blades have won every game that he scores in. He has performed very well for playing on the top three lines. Overall I have been impressed with his performance on home ice at the Credit Union Centre this season.

Round John

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
FLYLine88 said:

Bahensky has stepped up his game from last season. He plays in all critical situations including penalty kill where he has a shorthanded goal, and he plays the point on the powerplay. As mentioned earlier he is a +6 has 27 points in 27 games including 10 goals.

For Colton Gillies the only knock on him right now would be his tendancy to go 'skate around' think the hockey version of an Aussie walkabout. He is a big kid, with a long reach, good wheels, and he doesn't seem to be afraid of the physical grind. Blades coach and GM Molleken has said on more than one occasion he is a very coachable kid. He is being brought along slowly seeing 4th line duty. If he can continue to develop his touch around the net he has the potential to be a top ten perhaps a top five entry draft selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad