Speculation: What is Blueger's future in this team?

Where do you see Blueger ending up?

• Total voters

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Blueger's a great 4C who can get by as a 3C, but you're probably not going deep in the playoffs if he's your 3C.

He's good defensively, can PK, but his offensive upside is looking limited. Hard to say for certain with Sullivan's usage of him, but he doesn't look like a guy who'll do more than score roughly 10 goals and 30 points.

My bigger issue with him is he goes from being a high end 4C/low end 3C in the regular season with 30 point potential, to a low end 4C who adds zero offense in the playoffs.

I mean, the fact that he paced for 40 points playing with two guys who are not offensively driven, and while playing the toughest minutes on the team, It's pretty impressive.

Lack of offense in the playoffs isn't really a concern to me, Because well...he's used in a super defensive role, plays with a guy in ZAR who doesn't know what offense is, also Sidney Crosby hasn't done jack all in the playoffs lately offensively either. So I'm not too caught up on Blueger's lack of playoff offense.

Give him better offensive Wingers and more offensive zone time, and his numbers will look better, Probably not a Centre in the NHL who is put in a worse position to put up points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad